Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Zerostreet's Tiki Art!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2,156 replies

A surfer I met at Hukilau liked my Amused Tiki God image and it ended up on his custom board!

Moving along on the latest cigar box. Now titled:

Arrival Of The Fireflies

Art is just POPPIN' from the Tiki Tower Studio - that's a good thing!

I just come here for more eye candy and to see what your brain invented. Fireflies, now that's terrific, something no one every did with tikis before. Inspiring, Wendy

I never expected to see fireflies on that painting, but WOW!! Very original and cool. Your work is alwasy an inspiration.

-Mike! It's actually poppin' at a slower rate since Hukilau but still moving along nicely! Actually the painting is slowing down just a bit because I am working on a book version of my iphone app. It should be about 120 pages of my art (not just the Tiki stuff). I hope to have it available in a month or 2! Details to follow!

-Wendy and littlegiles! I really appreciate those words, thank you both!

this new one's a BEAUT!
Love the hut in the background
and firefly in the foreground...
we used to hit em with wiffle ball bats and watch em streak towards the earth
if you hit em when they were lit....
:)

I've never seen a firefly :(

On 2011-06-26 16:16, MadDogMike wrote:

Hmmm....don't know where they are found most...I do know that growing up in Brooklyn I saw them all summer long. And here in swampy South Florida I don't think I've seen one!

This one was named Serenity.

Bear

On 2011-06-27 13:43, Brudda Bear wrote:

This one was named Serenity.

Bear

Now you went and reopened some old wounds Bear! My wife and I loved Firefly and were crushed to see it end so quickly! The movie was pretty good but that had it's own heartbreaks!

T

I can't believe how fast you are at painting Zero

On 2011-06-27 16:22, teaKEY wrote:
I can't believe how fast you are at painting Zero

Thanks teaKEY! I do have to say that my paintings are fairly small for the most part, that helps finish them quicker. Most are in the 8x10 range. I can say that I am pretty dedicated to it. Once our daughters are in bed I usually devote about 2 hours to all my projects, that's pretty much a daily thing.

Managed to do just a bit of work tonight....blocked in some more fireflies!

As posted earlier I am working on a book version of my iPhone App TIKILANDIA. It's still in rough form, but here's a look!

That's one of my favorites. Did you see your art on Elroyartspace? Wendy

Robert, I missed your latest post a week ago of the fireflies - I really like the feel of this one. Cigar box?

Wendy- Yes I did! That's gonna be a fun show!

Mike- Yeah, another cigar box! I love painting on these things and they seem to be the most popular works I do as they have all sold!

Fireflies is coming ALIVE!
you are unstoppable lately!

On 2011-07-05 08:58, little lost tiki wrote:
Fireflies is coming ALIVE!
you are unstoppable lately!

Coming from someone who is up all night painting those awesome paintings I'll take that as a grand compliment! :D

C
cy posted on Thu, Jul 7, 2011 11:26 PM

Here is your work as it appeared at the Skootiki 2011 event. It was on the wall by the bar so I had lots of time to photograph them! Although both pieces got a lot of interest, the smaller one garnered the most attention. They look great in person.

Thanks so much for posting the pic! That smaller piece is actually not mine. That is Scott Scheidly's (known as Flounder's), his work is awesome!

C
cy posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2011 10:00 AM

Well my reporting credentials just went down the tubes. A good time was had by all and a large crowd was there. I saw people buying also. A lot of Lambretta folks showed up early and really seemed to enjoy the art. Sorry for my mistake Robert.

On 2011-07-08 10:00, cy wrote:
Well my reporting credentials just went down the tubes. A good time was had by all and a large crowd was there. I saw people buying also. A lot of Lambretta folks showed up early and really seemed to enjoy the art. Sorry for my mistake Robert.

Not a problem cy! Grateful you took the pics! Hope no one is tired of me saying it but I've only been doing Tiki art for about 2 years so I am thrilled to be hanging alongside all these great artist!

Tiki Tower
The Art of Robert Jimenez
http://www.tikitower.com

[ Edited by: zerostreet 2011-07-08 10:25 ]

Work is complete on my Tikilandia book. It's about a 100 pages of my art (Tiki and non-Tiki) I'm self publishing through Amazon's Createspace and am waiting on a proof before making it public. Have read mixed reviews on their full color book, so we'll see...

....Here's another chimp to add to my family. Sketched this one out this morning!

Back to work on Fireflies!

Have had 2 nice sales at Elory's Scootiki show...it occurred to me that I never posted this ink drawing I submitted to the show. This along with Junior's On The Lam sold!

Right On!
Love the motion and implied movement on this one!
and Congrats on the Sccotiki Sales,Bub!
Nothin more encouraging than that,eh?

On 2011-07-12 07:15, little lost tiki wrote:
Right On!
Love the motion and implied movement on this one!
and Congrats on the Sccotiki Sales,Bub!
Nothin more encouraging than that,eh?

Thanks Ken! Definitely feels nice to sell the work, very encouraging!

I don't know about you, or the other artists out there, but usually when I'm about 2-3 days into a piece I'm overcome with doubts about it and about anyone having any interest in it...thankfully that goes away once the work progresses...So when someone's hard earned money goes toward hanging that work in their home, it's pretty nice and I'm extremely grateful for that!

Got the proof of my Tikilanida book in today. Quite happy with it! Doing a few changes then it will be ready for purchase! It is basically a book version of my iPhone app "Tikilandia" 108 pages of art! Here are some pics!

On 2011-07-12 07:28, zerostreet wrote:
...So when someone's hard earned money goes toward hanging that work in their home, it's pretty nice and I'm extremely grateful for that!

I love and appreciate all the encouragment and support here on TC but there's nothing quite like the feeling when someone PMs you and says "hey, you want to sell that?" :D

Nice book. 108 pages?? Its like your an old pro.

On 2011-07-14 19:29, AlohaStation wrote:
Nice book. 108 pages?? Its like your an old pro.

Thanks Tom! No need to call me old!...The book contains a lot of my art from my Pre-Tiki days! :D

Almost done!....

Done! And sold!

ARRIVAL OF THE FIREFLIES
Acrylic on 8.5 x 7.75 cigar box

Think next up is an underwater treasure scene....

friggin WONDERBOY!!!!!!
Right on!!
See what determination and talent can do?
Warms my heart like a Firefly!
Rockin!

Nice!

Amazing detail for the size of a cigar box! Turned out great Robert.

Thanks everyone! And Ken, you're too kind! Speaking of Wonderboys, that ties in loosely to my next painting. Unfortunately, it is not Tiki (taking a short break) so I won't be posting it here. Anyone interested in seeing it progress can check it out at the link below:

http://www.zerostreet.net/mermaidman-evil-approaches/

Also my non-Tiki work can also be followed on facebook by visiting this link and clicking the LIKE at the top of the page:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zerostreet-Illustration/173648555732?ref=ts

Thanks again!

Gotta Bump this. It's not everyday that an artist has a book coming out. It looks terrific and very cool. Wendy

On 2011-07-21 20:03, danlovestikis wrote:
Gotta Bump this. It's not everyday that an artist has a book coming out. It looks terrific and very cool. Wendy

Thanks Wendy! I'm really pleased with the book. This is a self published book that is really a companion piece to my iPhone/iPod app. It's softcover, 108 pages of art. It will be available on Amazon.com in a few days and will sell for $19.95 +shipping.

I will be offering it to TC members and those who follow me on Facebook and Twitter for $20 shipped. Also, I will be offering deals for book/print combos.

For those of you who own my iPhone app, look for an update very soon!

R.

My book is now available. More details at the Marketplace http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=40695&forum=12&0

FRIG!

Awesome.

On 2011-07-23 17:23, Robb Hamel wrote:
FRIG!

Awesome.

Thanks so much Robb!

Starting a new painting tonight. This idea for this one has been rattling around my brain for about a year or so. The title definitely suggests a play on words but the foundation of the idea lay in the lyrics of Jeff Tweedy for the Wilco song Sunken Treasure.

"But there is no sunken treasure, rumored to be.
Wrapped inside my ribs in a sea black with ink."

ME TREASURE CHEST
16x20

How come I haven't heard of Jeff Tweedy before? I listened to a solo verson of him doing Sunken Treasure, very Dylanesque with the acoustic guitar, harmonica, and gravelly voice. Wikipedia lists Wilco as alternative rock, my favorite genre - I'll have to give them a listen.

The sketch looks very interesting, cool play on words. Is that a boot or will it be a seaworm infested wooden leg? :lol:

On 2011-07-23 19:33, MadDogMike wrote:
How come I haven't heard of Jeff Tweedy before? I listened to a solo verson of him doing Sunken Treasure, very Dylanesque with the acoustic guitar, harmonica, and gravelly voice. Wikipedia lists Wilco as alternative rock, my favorite genre - I'll have to give them a listen.

The sketch looks very interesting, cool play on words. Is that a boot or will it be a seaworm infested wooden leg? :lol:

Well Wilco has not been a top 40 band, so other than stumbling upon them on Conan or Letterman you may never hear of them. They originally fit into what is called Alt Country. Like all bands, I guess, their sound has evolved. Tweedy is an amazing songwriter in my opinion. I recommend anything by Wilco, I favor the more recent (for the most part) although BEING THERE, is one of my faves! On their most recent a song called COUNTRY HAS DISAPPEARED is one of my all time favorite songs, check it out if you can.

As to the painting, thanks and I think this guy has been down there a long time...I can't really see any clothing left....but who knows!

Worked a bit more...now it's off to bed!

Having fun with this one...but an early wake up forces me to stop for the night!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 2156 replies