Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Gman vs Wild - Page 1; Kotiate Warrior 183; BoatMan 184; Gman Lizard Dance 190; Screamer 193

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2,950 replies

B

Man I Love it when you get creative! I Know you can't carve all the time bu when you feel up to it, there is Nothing better here!

G
GMAN posted on Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:23 PM

Aloha Johnny and Benz. You make me smile. I wish I could carve more, but the old body and mind just can't sometimes.

Last year, while I was out gathering protein on my land, I harvested a nice whitetail buck. I really wanted to be able to display the antlers in the Manroom, but I'm too cheap to pay for a taxidermist to mount the rack - and most mounts are boring. Anyway, I was browsing my oceana pics today and I came across some cool carved animal heads. I decided I would carve a stylized skull that could ALSO display my antlers. Easy project right? NOT! Getting the carving all hollowed out and getting the skull cap to fit was a real bear. Aack! I got it done, all but the sanding and the finish. I'll do that another day. Here are some pics, starting with the sacrificial ficus log....

edit

and one of my new teko....

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2008-06-12 19:40 ]

ohhhhh, great idea!! That is way better than one of those wall mount plaques.

H
harro posted on Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:39 PM

Wow Gman that is certainly something you dont see everyday - a wood carved skull with real antlers! It will be so much more satisfying admiring that on the manroom wall than if you had forked out the bucks just to have it look like everyone elses. Now you'll have a unique piece - great thinking!

B
Babalu posted on Wed, Jun 4, 2008 2:40 PM

G,

The work is mighty "DAMN FINE" as always, but don't ya think...

On 2008-06-04 14:23, GMAN wrote:
I decided I would carve a stylized skull that could ALSO display my antlers..

Saving those G$'s for gas to run the croc-boat? (good swap btw!)

Cool skull - wheres the tats?? :-?

S

Great head, rack holder. That should last a life time.
Now get back to carving this twisted tong devil.

S

Forgot to mention this: Next time hold things with
you feet please. My thought process was all disoriented.

Aloha GMAN!!! My goodness my friend your carvings are lookin smokin! I'm sorry if i missed you at ben carvin chop. I was lookin forward to meeting you. keep up the Great carvings and stay healthy , Aloha your friend, Jimmy Mooney

B

My thoughts Exactly T3, the tats will be Perfect when he finishes them. He IS gonna do them, just hasn't gotten around tuit yet.
GMAN, That actually Did look like as Complicated carve but it helps that you have seen the dissected skull so thats Cheating? :lol:
Of Course Teko is looking good. (Drool starting now)

P
Paipo posted on Fri, Jun 6, 2008 12:07 AM

Innovation at its finest G. As someone who spends a lot of time trying to make things fit together neatly, I can appreciate the effort that would have taken. That teko's not lookin too shabby either...

H

Nice rack! Nice everything else, as usual!

G
GMAN posted on Thu, Jun 12, 2008 6:16 PM

Aloha you nutbags!

Been fishing and grindin' and chipping and fishing and fishing, and well..... you get the idea. Here's another croc pendant. Also a few pics of me fishing for a guide/outfitter DVD. A G-VD :lol:

edited

-G$

http://www.oceanandislandarts.blogspot.com/

[ Edited by: GMAN 2008-06-12 20:13 ]

looks pretty sweet Gman!
that's a big ass fish too...

Hook a brotha up!!! That thing is sweet! I'll buy you a Big Mac next you come up, not that a Big Mac is worth more but I know you like em!!!

S

The crock is looking very cool. I like the design.

The fishing looks like a blast! That compound bow is so
little?

B

Very good Croc. With this 2 crocs you'd better take care of your fingers !

Ben

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jun 16, 2008 5:06 PM

Duddy, Freak, Seeks, and Benjamin,

Thanks for taking a look at the croc. I'm glad you like him. I do too. This one is small enough for me to wear often. Hopefully I will get some time in on the new Teko soon. Maybe another bone on the way too......

-G$

J

On 2008-06-12 18:16, GMAN wrote:

Your brilliance is overwhelming and shows well on camera!

I like this little croc pendant, very stylized but with a big impact.

B

GMAN!

Like the crocs a lot!

T

Oh man, that croc is really nice. I love that design - it's really cool.

Um, btw, you do know about the self-timer button on cameras don't you.... :lol:

B

GMAnG, you snuck this little croc' in on me while I wasn't looking. He is really COOL and looks like an excellent piece of bone/ivory. I think it's time too, that you quit dinkin' around and finished your side lookin' Teko.

What are you on a break???

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jun 27, 2008 5:26 PM

Summary post added to page one - first post.

-G$

S

Man G or GMan if you had some real talent you could have done three times a many pieces, Just kidding. Your stuff is A one as always.

S

G are the stones new or older works?
Looking good you are a multi-task master.

G
GMAN posted on Sat, Jun 28, 2008 3:23 PM

Hey Seeks. The black rock is a stone JohnnyP sent me. He picked it up on a beach in Canada. I think I carved that one like two years ago. The jade is a slab that Tama sent me. I think I started it late last year? It isn't done yet, it's just roughed out. There are a couple of other rocks rolling around here as well.

How are things at the bog? Been clamming lately? Gman likes clams.....

G$

B

Bzazrt like clams too, 50's and 20's work OK.

Great idea G!!! It's a lot easier to see all the masterpieces on one page!!!

G
GMAN posted on Mon, Jun 30, 2008 5:50 AM

Benz - Do they still make 50 dollar bills? If you have some, send them to me - I don't think they are worth anything anymore.

Freak - I was tired of having that empty space on my first page. I was putting off posting that because I hate searching my external drives for my old pics. I missed a buncha carvings, but that will give a viewer new to my thread an idea of what I've been up to lately.

-G$

B

GMAN, I Really love the additions to the first page there, AWESOME Stuff you have posted through the past few years, Just AWESOME! I Certainly hope you can continue to create and post such beautiful carvings and art.

S

Howdy G I'm liken the variety you have going on
and the page 1 setup is cool.

Razor clam season is over tell fall.
Dam good eating!

Getting alittle fishing and surfing in next week.

G
GMAN posted on Fri, Jul 4, 2008 9:44 AM

Today I got wrapped around this piece like an ill-tempered piece of plastic wrap. He was really begging for a beating, and he got it.

Next session he'll get a heavy sand and then I'll start thinking about what surface carving he'll get.

-G$

TD

Freakin' Awsome Gman!!

P
pablus posted on Fri, Jul 4, 2008 2:46 PM

You're really developing a style of your own.
This last piece is particularly well-crafted and very unique.

[ Edited by: pablus 2008-07-04 14:47 ]

J

This is looking mighty fine. Like Pablus stated, your style is very unique and this is a a powerful piece. So what is the tat work going to look like?

G-mang is back! And look at this guy! The color in that wood is amazing. It's already at that stage, where you know it's going to be stunning.

Happy 4th G! Your carving is looking mighty fine!!!

B

Really good, dude, really good.

Ben.

B

Been walking through your thread and wanted to make a bump for this masterpiece:

Incredible.

Ben.

B

Great work GMAN, you really know how to light up our days. Man this guy is looking great, his personality is becoming more defined and he is going to give a chilling feeling when he is done. I think he will be someone no one would want to run into in the middle of the night. Just try to pace yourself and don't let your carving sessions get out of hand.

C

Yea that's right!
GMan rocks the house with another one. Great carve and a nice looking chunk'o'
wood, Go GMan Go!

B
Babalu posted on Sat, Jul 5, 2008 7:48 PM

GMAN!! You make it look so easy...Dang G...you is one amazing fellow!

S

Sick G this guy is to die for!

More fishing than surfing last week for me. Good time.

T

Wow - wittlin' fool! Looks great - I love that wood. I'm thinkin' that it carves nicely - smooth grain? Am I right? Great work G.

GAP

GMAN, how you feeling??? We're missing you around here!!

G
GMAN posted on Tue, Jul 29, 2008 4:29 AM

Hey Craig. I'm here and OK. Thanks. I've got a lot on my plate right now and haven't been "in the shop" much. I'll be back on the boards soon.

Thanks for all the replies above. I'll respond to each of you soon, when I post the next update on the teko.

-G$

B

Well Greetings, Glad you're still out and about! Hope you are feeling OK.
Missing your chips.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 2950 replies