Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:05 ]

Only 1 More Week.......WooHoo!!

UPDATED:
Here is the current list of Vendors for the 9-7 ITMP:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Comet Clutches, Crazy Al, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Ms. Formaldehyde , Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Schmaltz Family, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup & More!!!

Cant wait for next weekend. :D

These beverage bottles are a stylish way to hold your water and other exotic libations on your urban archaeology expeditions! Or bring your secret cocktail syrups to the next party in them! Brand new 16oz bottles are hand netted and feature a nice carry handle or strap. Get 'em on September 7! $25 each

T

Five days to go and only 4 days to get my puffer lamps and glass floats all done. I finished cutting the holes and taking the stuffing out of the puffers. Waiting for the mail to deliver my lamp kits. I will only have 6 reproduction glass float lamps on Saturday.

T

Upper left: Moka Nui $60, Pupu $50, Chirp Chirp $60, Toucan $120, Divers Helmet $80, Pink Elephant $70

Carved and painted signs $50

Plaster wall masks hand painted $40

Live like a Beachcomber! http://www.TikiTony.com http://www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

[ Edited by: tikitony 2013-09-03 07:51 ]

Here's a couple of velvet paintings I've decided to part with.
The nude wahine is by Bill Erwin and the ukulele boy is by Lavisse.
Both pieces are beautiful and would look great in the tiki room.
Don't miss out!

Please send me a pm if you have any questions or would like to make a purchase before Saturday.
Thanks for looking and hope to see you Saturday!
Michael

On 2013-09-03 17:35, TikiRootsRocka wrote:
Here's a couple of velvet paintings I've decided to part with.
The nude wahine is by Bill Erwin and the ukulele boy is by Lavisse.
Both pieces are beautiful and would look great in the tiki room.
Don't miss out!

Please send me a pm if you have any questions or would like to make a purchase before Saturday.
Thanks for looking and hope to see you Saturday!
Michael

Wow! Those velvets are fantastic! I can't wait to see them at the show!

THIS SATURDAY!!

The Art of Doug Horne

Art for your walls.

Prints and originals.

Just a small sampling of what I'll have on hand...

"Deep Sea Haul"

"Forbidden Island"

"A Mai-Tai for the Monster

"Close-up Ku"

"Kuaui Marquesan"

Plus lots more!

Hope to see ya there.

Has a date been set for the ITMP that will follow the September 7th show? We're in the east and will be in CA this fall--hoping to attend an October Marketplace if there is one.

[ Edited by: mondo-by-the-bay 2013-09-04 10:27 ]

On 2013-09-04 10:26, mondo-by-the-bay wrote:
Has a date been set for the ITMP that will follow the September 7th show? We're in the east and will be in CA this fall--hoping to attend an October Marketplace if there is one.

[ Edited by: mondo-by-the-bay 2013-09-04 10:27 ]

There will be an October International TIKI Market Place. The Date will be announced soon :)

K

IS YOUR HAT TIKI?
NO!?!?
FIX IT!

Hat Bands for Sale! Hawaiian Prints Vintage Fabric Eric October prints Disney

And just for us Gals, Hair Bands!

I'll also have some new earring designs ready for Sat.

[ Edited by: Krisdrama 2013-09-05 12:16 ]

[ Edited by: Krisdrama 2013-09-05 23:06 ]

H

A few new HOTTIKI PENDANTS for the September 7th Tiki Market Place

All the wood is from The South Seas, hand carved, flame shaded, with branded tapatattoo designs

Is it Saturday yet? I've got a list of wares needed that keeps growing...I'm ready for ITMP!

RD

Doug, are you going to have any of these bad boys with you? I am hoping to get by to the Market Place this weekend.

Your friends will be waiting to see you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-wOql78hc4&feature=youtu.be

SF

Thanks Rum Dog. I won't have any mugs this time. Still waiting on my next batch to come in. Hope to see ya there!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:30 ]

T

Aloha,
Here are the lamps I'll have this Saturday.

Here is a new one I'm finishing up tonight.
Bird of Paradise bark cloth.

We'll also have our rack of vintage & current clothes. Some new collectibles & some mugs.

Our daughter will be back with her vintage inspired sweater clips.

Digging thru my storage to see what I'm bringing to the market place this Saturday....

For some reason I have an extra copy of Tiki Modern!

Wrapped in plastic, never opened.

Dang, so sorry I am on Foreign Legion duty in Europe, if I would be able to attend, I'd sign it for the buyer. There are too many newbies here who don't have a copy!

On 2013-09-05 21:42, Tiki Shaker wrote:
Wrapped in plastic

Whenever I hear that I think of Twin Peaks :)

I am sad that I cannot attend. The ITMP is such a great time. Everyone should attend, I wish I could go to every time. Thank you Soccertiki and Woohoowahine for putting on such a great event!

T

Here are some new pieces I'll have for the Marketplace:

PNG headdress mug:

A small platter based on Uti's fish from the Enchanted Tiki Room:

Tiki Bob's pendants & earrings:

Bumatay pendants & earrings:

I've made a another Marquesan warclub mug and another Tiki Theatre mug!

See everybody tomorrow!

See You Tomorrow.......WooHoo!!!

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:
Come Cool off in Paradise! What a Perfect Way to End The Summer......

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Over 40 Tiki Vendors, Live Entertainment & MORE!!!
When: Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!! This is a Family Friendly Event. Kids Under 12 are Free
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

I want to thank you all in advance for sharing our vision of bringing the spirit of the International Market Place (founded by Donn Beach in 1956) and the spirit of TIKI which we all share thanks to Don the Beachcomber! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo!-SoccerTiki, Promoter

“Don the Beachcomber admires very much the work that members of our community have put into the development of such events as the amazing Tiki Oasis, The Hukilau, and other big ticket gatherings of our clan across the United States. Through that work a very positive effect has been felt in the growth and expansion of Tiki in America. DTB supports each of them, both financially and emotionally.

However, we believe that Tiki would additionally benefit from the development of smaller projects, that do not demand long trips, reduce costs to the participants simply by holding the costs to those who stage them to a minimum, making access possible to vendors who otherwise would not be able to afford it.”
Art Snyder, Owner, Don the Beachcomber

And a very BIG MAHALO to our sponsor:

Here is the current list of Vendors for the 9-7 ITMP:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Crazy Al, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, Focetiki, Eric October, GoTiki, Comet Clutches, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Girl Shave Ice, Humble Poi, Johnny Velour, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Ms. Formaldehyde , Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Schmaltz Family, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup & More!!!

It's gonna be a great day of Friends, Fun and Shopping....WooHoo!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2013-09-06 18:54 ]

Aloha, Tiki Ohana! It's Kari Hendler. I will be vending at this fabulous event tomorrow, accompanied by the perpetually-effervescent Matt Rios! We will be selling the latest issue of Tiki Magazine and what's left of the magazine's signature pendant and poster.

You say you already have a copy of the most recent Tiki Magazine? Congratulations! However, eventually, you are probably going to wish you had another one... or two. Have you seen the prices that sold-out issues of Tiki Magazine bring on Ebay? This issue is the last of the original Tiki Magazine run, so it's going to sell out and be highly collectible, as will the pendants. And the poster? It's only two dollars! TWO DOLLARS!!! You can't even get a cup of coffee for two dollars, and here we are offering you a wonderful poster that you will enjoy for years, featuring almost all of the covers of the past nine years of Tiki Magazine. You must have this. You must have this. You must have this. Two dollars. Two dollars. Two dollars.

Also, Matt and I will be bringing a few of our own personal items to sell. No, not those. TIKI things. You'll like them. You'll want to buy them, too.

So come by and say aloha. We'll be slumming next to Doug Horne's spot, so it's bound to be a non-stop, disco-inferno party in our area. I hope to see you!

WooHoo! Today's the Day.......See You at Don's!!!!! :)

WooHoo! It was Another Tiki-rrific Day at The International TIKI Market Place. With over 400 people in attendance, I think this was the perfect way to end the Summer. Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who made the trek to Don's to spend the day with family & friends. Special Thanks to All the Vendors, Delia,Emerson, & The Don the Beachcomber Ohana, and to The Smokin Menehunes & Kimo. See you at The Next International TIKI Market Place on October 26.

GT

Thanks Chris and Karen, If it wasn't for you guys and Dons, then all these Great artist and vendors, would be limited on a hands on place to sell there stuff, Great Job again, Gogo

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 19:58 ]

TM

The boyz....

The band.....

What a Tikiriffic time yesterday! Matt Rios, his beautiful girlfriend, Erika, and I sold and smiled all day. So many wonderful ohana to chat with! We only have three Tiki Magazine signature pendants left and a few posters and latest magazine issue! We felt the love, big time! And the "after-party roundup" in the Dagger Bar was made especially memorable by Edwin Letcher's karaoke singing and the mysterious guy who bought a round for the entire bar. I KNOW! I thought that stuff only happened in movies! Apparently it also happens at the International Tiki Marketplace! See you in October!

I can't believe I missed a free round for the bar. That might just make karaoke tolerable, or not.

Sounds like a fun time! I think I can make the next one. See everyone there!

Here's a good one -- The ORIGINAL Hula Girls and Smokin' Menehunes!

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3855

We had a wonderful time at Marketplace. Dan found some more tiki treasures to add to his collection. I've put all the photos on my "other crafts" thread. Cheers, Wendy

AF

As seen last Saturday @ the ITMP inside Don the Beachcomber, Sunset Beach, CA

T

Anders,
As always, great pics of a very good time for the vendors and our repeat and new customers. Thanks to Chris, Karen and the entire staff at Don's for such a wonderful event.

TT

Thanks for the pics Anders!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2013-09-09 21:35 ]

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 19:59 ]

The company was so solid (Kari,John-O,Doug,Edwin & Julia,Denise & Mr. Retro, The Nelsons)
in the Dagger Bar afterwards, I sucked up the karaoke
without burning down the place (just this once!) thanks again free round for the bar, guy!

Thanks to Chris & Karen & all the great venders too!
you guys make it fun.

Big Vendor List coming soon!!! You won't want to miss this event!!!

Only 1 Month Away.......WooHoo!!! :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:07 ]

Aloha Friends!

Here is the Vendor List for the upcoming ITMP October 26: Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bosko, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Fancy Fruit Jewelry, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Kari Hendler, Kingfish Vintage Stuff, Krisdrama, Lake Surfer, Mike Tiki-Tasi Vintage Polynesia, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Picture Show Gallery, Retro Ruthie, Schmaltz Family, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Taboo Island, The Pod King, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer, Trader Pup, Vintage Island Art & more

Come say hi to your friends and check out all the great Tiki & Island-Style goods they'll have for you!

The Smokin' Menehunes will again entertain us with Hapa Haole style Hawaiian music in the main dining room! Kimo and his Hawaiian Steel with keep the vibe just right in the International TIKI Market Place.

Stay tuned for more announcements soon! Make sure you've got us on your calendar for Saturday, October 26th from 11am to 4pm.

Mahalo!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:08 ]

Hell yes to Boo Mom!

Great News! This comes at a great time (Halloween) to announce our new sponsor Deadhead Rum!

So come out and join us for all the fun and great times at the International TIKI Market Place AND enjoy some fine cocktails made with Deadhead Rum!

TM

Chris, will the bottles be available for purchase there?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies