Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

We welcome PRIMO BEER as a sponsor of this Sunday's International TIKI Market Place!

PRIMO BEER will be on special in the Hidden Village all afternoon!!!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-07-14 08:09 ]

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! In addition to vintage Aloha shirts, I'll be bringing a peacock chair and little rattan table.

The KTLA Channel 5 Sunday Morning News will be doing a segment at 8:15am on The International Tiki Market Place at Don's...WooHoo!!

Ben,
You got me thinkin' bout my tapa, so I'll bring this one out in case anybody's interested.
It's from Tonga and measures 9x14 feet.
There's a tear in the side, a hole in the middle, and a couple little scrapes, but overall, it's in decent condition. All the damage looks to be in the fold creases. Overall, it's in pretty decent shape and has a cool design.

Aloha Friends!

I'm busy taggin' & baggin' my treasures for the International Tiki Marketplace tomorrow!

I'll have some original artwork for sale, as well as limited edition prints, glass magnets and art pendants!

I'm also asking for your help in finding wonderful new homes for my vintage tiki treasures (clothing & collectables) so that my husband does not sign me up for 'A very special episode of Hoarders'. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

MAHALO & VIVA ATOMICA!

~ Suzy
Atomikitty
http://www.atomikitty.com/

Here's a sneak peak of what I'm bringing tomorrow.
There is a wide range of sizes, XS to XL.
See something you like but can't join us? Message me and I can give you deets. :)

I asked the management at Don's to relocate the Sunday Karaoke in the Dagger Bar
(Crossed Fingers!) to another room for tomorrow, Hopefully my request does not fall on deaf ears
and the "Tiki Crowd" will have the "Dagger Bar" to lounge in maximum Tiki-ness!

WooHoo! See you today!

Don't forget to tune into KTLA's Channel 5 News today at 6:40am & 8:15am to see our Tiki Mug Collection and a segment of The Intrernational Tiki Market Place at Dons.

[ Edited by: TiKi TiFfY 2012-07-15 21:01 ]

[ Edited by: tiki tiffy 2012-07-15 21:00 ]

Ha!! Tiki Cups, funny,
cool that they had you on though.

Jeff(btd)

Very Cool......Great Collection and great plug for the vendors/tiki farm and Don's.

Congrat's

Public Awareness will fuel the movement and keep the seen going.

W

I laughed when I heard her say Tiki cups too. Great job Chris & Karen!!!

Thanks to the Youtuber who posted this

YouTube: KTLA News-International Tiki Marketplace

[ Edited by: king bushwich the 33rd 2012-07-15 13:50 ]

Woohoo......What a Day! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Soccertiki, All the Vendors, The Smokin' Menehunes & King Kukulele, The Don the Beachcomber Ohana, HBTiki & Mrs. HBTiki, and to Everyone who made the trek to Don's today to help make The International Tiki Market Place such a huge success. Also a Very Special Thanks to Art & Delia Snyder for keeping the Spirit of Don The Beachcomer Alive . See You All at the next International Tiki Market Place.

T

Whatta day is right. Great job Chris and Karen. You guys worked your tails off and it paid off great dividends. Get some rest now.

It was fun! Thanks for having me guys!

Where was crazy Al anyways?

[ Edited by: Sunset Mike 2012-07-15 20:14 ]

Had a lot of fun today, some very cool stuff up there. Will be going back again and again.

Another great ITMP at Don's today! Thank you to Chris, Karen, and the Don's Ohana for putting on such a great event! It ain't easy.
As always, it was great getting to meet new faces and getting to know some of you better, that I've met at past events. Mahaloz for your support and kindness, and I look forward to seeing you all at the next event!
Michael

Had alot of fun as well. Great to see everyone again. :D

Mucho Mahalo to Karen,Chris,all the vendors and artists and all who helped put this event together. I have a billion pix and will load as many as possible tonight. Mostly candid shots, shots of the ohana enjoying themselves, and a few of some of the merchandise/art that was available today. Sorry, I didn't label anything, rum,heat,and my age taking it's toll.
Cheers

Thanks for getting some shots of today nui 'umi 'umi

If you got to be stuck in a room all day, Then you want to be stuck with this crazy group of vendors!
Thanks to all the folks parting with hard earned cash to support us!
Thanks Chris, Woohoo & Art for putting it all on.

But to the person who decided to have Karaoke in the Dagger Bar

"I have a very particular set of skills.
Skills I have acquired over a very long career.
Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
If you allow Karaoke to continue in the dagger bar, ... I will look for you, I will find you...
and I will make unpleasant conversation to you!"

Atp pleasure meeting you and the lovely jungle ginger. For reasons beyond my understanding my Mac will only let me post a limited amount of pix during a given 24 hour period. You and jg are up first tomorrow . Appears it's gonna take me 2-3 24 hr. periods to post the pix that I wanna share.
Cheers,
David

[ Edited by: nui 'umi 'umi 2012-07-15 22:49 ]

Thanks Chris and Karen! I had a great time vending on Sunday. Thank you to everyone who made purchases or even just stopped by to say hi. Can't wait for Sept!

C

Thanks to all involved in yesterday's event. You all made it so special. Mrs Chippy and I brought her mom and dad and they kept telling us what a great time they had and how everyone was so relaxed and having a good time. Great music too. Thanks to all the vendors. I am already saving up for next time.

H

nui 'umi 'umi, That is about the worse picture I have ever seen of myself... :(

Despite the picture, I had a great day and a lot of fun! Thanks to everyone who stopped by and to Chris and Karen for putting it all together :)

T

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2012-07-16 20:38 ]

Tried posting mo pix. Apparently I'm still locked out. I'll try later.
Cheers

Here's another batch.

another batch to follow tomorrow. Apparently, I've used up todays allotment.
Bosko is up first tomorrow. As you will see he is not always serious.
Cheers

It was another great time at the Tiki Marketplace. Picked up a few new items, caught up with a bunch of awesome people, and enjoyed great Smokin' Menehunes music all afternoon. Mahalo to the vendors and everyone involved in putting the marketplace on!

Larger versions can be found on Flickr.

kevin

--
if it's not a little complicated, it's probably not worth it.
http://twitter.com/heylownine

[ Edited by: heylownine 2012-07-17 00:15 ]

here's another batch;

Thanks for all the photos!
Great shots Kevin!

Wonderful photos. We missed being there and seeing everyone. Wendy

HT

Thank you Chris and Karen for this great event you put together. Events like this enhances and explains what being TIKI is all about. Will there be an announcement soon of the next Tiki Event?

We loved the interview with Chris. This is one of the very best events. We look forward to going to one soon, Wendy and Dan

Mark it on Your Calendars....The Next International Tiki Market Place will be on Saturday, September 1 from 11:00am to 4:00pm.

We are pleased to announce the newest sponsor and member of the ohana...OC-Breeze Newspaper! Welcome aboard and grab yourself a mai-tai!!!

http://www.OC-BREEZE.com

On 2012-07-19 15:10, danlovestikis wrote:
We loved the interview with Chris. This is one of the very best events. We look forward to going to one soon, Wendy and Dan

Thank you Wendy and Dan for the nice words! The interview was quite an experience! And the Market Place is always a great experience!!! At each event we have more people turning "tiki" and finding a new way to have fun! This last event had over 55 people coming because they saw it on the KTLA 5 new that morning at 8:15am!!! I'll keep looking for more avenues to spread the "tiki" gospel!

We also look forward to seeing you and the rest of the norcal ohana along with all of the out-of-towner TCers....

So....The next International TIKI Market Place will be on SATURDAY Sept 1 (that's Labor Day weekend). Hopefully everyone will make plans to come down and join us!

HEY! We got one of these lil post cards in the mail...a few frickin days ago!!! DANG IT! New postman will be soundly thrashed.

THANK you 2 for thinking of us after all this time! Gave us a warm fuzzy!

So how the heck are all of you Tiki nuts? Looks like just about where we left off a 3 years back...

Aloha & WooHoo Hau 'oli Tiki - We hope you can make it to The International Tiki Market Place on September 1 :)

WOW!!! We are getting noticed! Check this out: http://www.webpublished.com/gallery/view.asp?seq=193316&path=120731162638 Go to pages 20, 21 & 22. Don the Beachcomber, International TIKI Market Place, the ITD Beach Burn AND Surf Guitar 101!!!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com
http://www.tikioasis.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-08-02 08:40 ]

Great ads and article. I really liked the photo it shows how fun this event is. The only way it could be better is if it were every month. Wendy

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:35 ]

We welcome our newest sponsor, the OC Breeze Newspaper...Check it out online! http://oc-breeze.com

Here is the list of vendors for the September 1st ITMP:

Atomic Kitty, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed Tiki Broker, Bosko, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, Fez-O-Rama, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Kirby, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Tiki Diablo, Tikii Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki & Taboo Island

There are many vendors on the waiting list and we are trying to figure a way to accomadate them....Stay tuned.

See you at the I.T.D. Beach Burn this Saturday at Bolsa Chica State Beach (all day/night) OR at Tiki Oasis ("The West Coast Mecca of the Tiki Showbiz") http://tiki next weekend!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-08-09 07:59 ]

Sweet. I'll be there on September 1.

On 2012-07-22 16:08, SoccerTiki wrote:

On 2012-07-19 15:10, danlovestikis wrote:

Thank you Wendy and Dan for the nice words! The interview was quite an experience! And the Market Place is always a great experience!!! At each event we have more people turning "tiki" and finding a new way to have fun! This last event had over 55 people coming because they saw it on the KTLA 5 new that morning at 8:15am!!! I'll keep looking for more avenues to spread the "tiki" gospel!

We also look forward to seeing you and the rest of the norcal ohana along with all of the out-of-towner TCers....

So....The next International TIKI Market Place will be on SATURDAY Sept 1 (that's Labor Day weekend). Hopefully everyone will make plans to come down and join us!

For those who couldn't make it to Oasis this year OR those that just didn't get enough while they were there...Don't forget we will be live on Saturday the 1st of September from 11am to 4pm.

September 1st Vendors include...
Atomic Kitty, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baseball Pops, Big Ed Tiki Broker, Bosko, Crazy Al, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, Fez-O-Rama, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Kirby, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki & Taboo Island !!!

And a very BIG MAHALO to our sponsors:

On 2012-01-21 14:18, SoccerTiki wrote:

What: International TIKI Market Place
Who: Tiki Vendors, Hawaiian Music
When: September 1, 2012 SATURDAY from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

September 1st Vendors include...
Atomic Kitty, Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baseball Pops, Big Ed Tiki Broker, Bosko, Crazy Al, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Eric October, Fez-O-Rama, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Kirby, Krisdrama, Mahalo Tiki, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Picture Show Gallery, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Vato, Tikiyaki & Taboo Island !!!

One More Week.......WooHoooooooo!

TM

I just got back from Kauai....and now I am jonesing for the international marketplace! Can you believe that!

T

Uh oh, now I have to work next Saturday, is there another Tiki Marketplace scheduled? Loved the last one. Thanks!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies