Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

The correct website for the Mod Fab Group is:

http://www.modfab.co/

T

Always looking forward to this! Thanks for doing this Karen and Chris. :)

I will have sets available for sale tomorrow. Please come early to purchase as they will be gone quickly!

On 2014-02-09 08:47, SoccerTiki wrote:
They're in!!! I just received the last shipment of the ITMP commemorative glassware! I had a bunch of people ask for them after we sold out, so this will be the last 25 sets of 4. Again, there will be an over-sized "Tiki Blues" 100% cotton T-shirt as a bonus gift with purchase. Please contact me via private message to arrange pick-up either at Don the Beachcomber this week or we can meet up in the Long Beach vicinity. Again, this information goes out to members of this group and Tiki Central first! To recap, the sets of 4 (2 red/2 aqua) commemorative glasses are only $30. Now we only have 25 sets, so if you want one, please contact me before they run out! After that any remaining sets will be sold to the public and at the ITMP in March. Please pay with cash or check. Mahalo!

WooHoo!! See You Tomorrow!!! If you are interested in buying Raffle Tickets at The ITMP find SoccerTiki or Myself.

On 2014-03-03 12:47, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo!! The March Madness Raffle is Right Around the Corner and We have all Kinds of Tiki-rrific Prizes to Give-Away!! The Raffle Drawing will take place at 2:00pm in The Hidden Village. We have prizes from: Bamboo Ben, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, The Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Ventiki, Vintage Island Art, and Dan & Wendy Cevola.

Raffle Tickets will be sold for $5 a ticket or $20 for 7 tickets.

*Winners need not be present to win by must make their own arrangements to pick up their prizes.

Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, & Play.

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Purple Pig Project.

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-03-07 14:42 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-03-07 22:11 ]

Woo Hoo see you at 5 PM. Guess what? I have a Tiki Bob decanter to donate for your raffle. I'll have it with me tonight.
Cheers, Wendy

WooHoo! Today's The Day!!!

If you are interested in buying Raffle Tickets at The ITMP find SoccerTiki, Chippy, or Myself.

We have all Kinds of Tiki-rrific Prizes to Give-Away Today!! The Raffle Drawing will take place at 2:00pm in The Hidden Village. We have prizes from: Bamboo Ben, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, The Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Trader Pup, Ventiki, Vintage Island Art, and Dan & Wendy Cevola.

Raffle Tickets will be sold for $5 a ticket or $20 for 7 tickets.

*Winners need not be present to win by must make their own arrangements to pick up their prizes.

Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, & Play.

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Purple Pig Project.

Mahalo! - WooHooWahine

Mahalo Grande to Karen,Chris, Don’s and all the vendors today! A beautiful California day and a great bunch of tiki fans to rub elbows with. So many great artists-TikiDiablo, Bosko, Gotiki, HotTiki , I could on and on but I gotta mention “Shag”. Wow! watta lineup of talent and just plain nice folks.
Just three pix to share.

Shag

Big Ed (TikiBroker)

TikiDiablo

Thumbs up to Don's, Chris & Karen
and the best bunch of vendors anywhere for a crazy & cool Marketplace today!

Woohoo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who purchased tickets for The March Madness Raffle Drawing today at The ITMP. We raised $660 to donate to The Purple Pig Project.

I would like to send a Giant WooHoo to Bamboo Ben, Crazy Al, Deadhead Rum, Danlovestiki, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, GoTiki, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, The Picture Show Gallery, Poly Hai, Tiki Al, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Vintage Island Art, and Ventiki for their Awesome Donations for our raffle drawing today.
Special Thanks to Chippy, Mrs. HB Tiki, and Tiki Helper for all your help selling tickets today :)

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2014-03-09 08:50 ]

C
Chippy posted on Sun, Mar 9, 2014 6:38 PM

Even though I was skunked on the raffle, another great event.

Big thanks to the team at Don's, the great musicians, all the vendors and of course Soccer Tiki and Woo Hoo Wahini.

But I also want to thank all of the ohana who came out to fill the event and make it worth the vendors time and effort to come down. So many great folks from all over, even from Indiana. (Do they still do tiki in Indiana?) Yes they do!

A big thanks to all of you who made it to paradise this past Saturday and joined us for the 18th International TIKI Market Place! Thank you to all the wonderful vendors and a BIG MAHALO to Don the Beachcomber for providing the right atmosphere for the event! A special Mahalo to my beautiful wahine who greeted each and every one of you who passed through the halls and into the ITMP. To all friends, old and new...We do this for YOU!!! See you soon!
SoccerTiki

Super fun day at the market place. i enjoyed dining and listening to the tiki sounds of the smokin menehunes.

TM

On 2014-03-09 20:44, martini kings wrote:
Super fun day at the market place. i enjoyed dining and listening to the tiki sounds of the smokin menehunes.

Thank you, Tony....I consider it a real honor having you there watching us!

hey soccer and woohoo, thanks again for putting on such a fun event. well worth the trip south.

On 2014-03-11 14:38, kingstiedye wrote:
hey soccer and woohoo, thanks again for putting on such a fun event. well worth the trip south.

Glad you could make it! Come back any time!!! We'll see you soon!

Our friends at "The Yard" came by the ITMP to see what it is all about...Check out the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouId1hX3KBc&list=UUrrABRUWCgJsKAZvaGj5S_Q&feature=share

I just wanted to say thanks again to Chris, Karen, the DTBC staff, and everyone else who came out to the last ITMP! It was packed all day long and a great time catching up with old friends and making new ones.

For those of you who bought one or more of my ceramic pieces, thank you very much. Your support is greatly appreciated. If there was something you wanted to buy or just missed out, please pm me or checkout my Instagram to see what I have coming up for sale. Jungle Modern Ceramics or #junglemodern

Aloha and I'll see you all on April 26th!

2 of my Marquesan busts (pictured below) will be available at HB Tiki's table at the next ITMP on April 26! See more at https://www.facebook.com/TikiTower

On 2014-03-25 08:54, SoccerTiki wrote:

WooHoo! The International TIKI Market Place is right around the corner!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:22 ]

Here is the updated Vendor List for the upcoming International TIKI Market Place:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Baypark Buzzy, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Crazy Al, Deadhead Rum, Dee Cache, Dirk Yates, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Falling Cocos, Fancy Fruits, GoTiki, Happy Chi, HB Tiki, Humble Poi, Humble Poi, Johnnie Velour, Josh Agle Objects, Mahalo Tiki, Mahalo Tiki, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, O.B. Tiki, Poly Hai & Adventurer’s Day, Retro Ruthie, Skootiki, Smokin Tikis, Smokin Tikis, Spike, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Caliente, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Tasi Mike’s Vintage Polynesia, Tiki Tony, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Tom Hofer & more!

This will be the first Tiki Marketplace that Tiki Caliente will be vending at,and we will not disappoint. Some Items that we will have for sale.
Send me a P.M. if you would like to pre-pay for limited inventory pieces or to request me to bring a certain size tee.

1. Original still sealed Don Blanding Vagabond Red Wax LP from the 1940's for $25.00 Cash (plus fee's for paypal) I will only bring 1.
    Check out the History here or look up the article by Kari Hendler in an old article of Tiki Magazine.
    http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=28990&forum=1&start=0&hilite=don%20blanding

2. Limited Edition Coconut mug by Eekum Bookum (Limited 60 in this glaze) $55 Cash (plus fee's for paypal) I only will be bringing 5.

3. Limited Edition Shag pendant carver/molded by Tiki Ray for the Mod-Palm Springs Event. $20 Cash plus fee's for paypal) I will be bringing 8.

4. Drink Book by SHAG and I (Not for retail sale) Only created for the Still Life Serigraph set that retails for $495. Price is $20 (plus fee's for paypal)
    Have Shag sign it to bring up the value,have me sign it to bring it back down. I will have 5.

5. Full Set of Shag Mug's produced be Eekum Bookum (Purple SOLD OUT) sold only as a set $250.00 ($50 below retail when the purple was available) plus paypal fee's. I only have 1 set.

6. Limit Edition Tee's of Hat's for TC6 $20 each (Plus fee's for paypal) I am only bringing a handful let me know if you want me to bring a size for you.

7. Some old Tiki Caliente inventory priced to sell or last ones.

See you in a week,
W

[ Edited by: wildsville man 2014-04-22 09:36 ]

K

Great stuff guys, really looking forward to this one. I'm especially excited because I will be making a trip to Hi Time Wine and spending a few large bills on my missing rums and other liquor, liqueurs, and what have you's. I've been holding off from drinking since mid March but will be making the exception for Don's!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-26 08:16 ]

T

I will be taking a red and a blue puffer fish table lamp along with my other hanging puffer fish lamps.

T

Only 2 days to go! Looking forward to seeing all the folks at the marketplace!

Get your limited Blood Red Tiki Caliente 6 Shirt ($20) and Hat ($20) and i will throw in this TC Beach bag.

Rory "WILDSVILLE MAN" Snyder

http://tiki-caliente.com/info/?cat=12

[ Edited by: Wildsville man 2014-04-24 11:22 ]

On 2014-04-24 07:48, Tiki-ESP wrote:
Only 2 days to go! Looking forward to seeing all the folks at the marketplace!

You're absolutely right! Only a couple days to go!!! Have you told your friends about it?

We've ordered up perfect weather for the International TIKI Market Place! No matter what the conditions are outside, you can count on the right environment for all of your TIKI needs! Music, Friends, Drinks, Food and Great Vendors with Awesome Products!

Martini Kings will be vending this Saturday at the Tiki Market Place and we will debut our brand new cd "Live at the Tonga Hut" which will be available for only $10.00
Martini Kings will be vending this Saturday at the Tiki Market Place and we will debut our brand new cd "Live at the Tonga Hut" which will be available for only $10.00

RD

That's good news Tony.

I hope to make it by this weekend so I can pick up one.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:20 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 25, 2014 12:07 AM

[ Edited by: GROG 2014-04-25 00:25 ]

G
GROG posted on Fri, Apr 25, 2014 12:24 AM

Aloha Everyone!!

Well here it is (still in the prototype stage)... the second in my series of ceramic barware & housewares. Faithfully hand crafted by Johnny Velour Ceramics. This is based on my new "Jungle Tapa Cloth" Pattern.

This new piece and lots of great new items from my Enchanted Island Kingdom of Lana Pua, will be with me at the International Tiki Marketplace. Pack up the car and come on down for a day at the beach. A day of fun music, food, and lots of great art and collectibles will be waiting for you at Don the Beachcombers in Huntington Beach, this Saturday May 26th.

I will also be delivering the 2014 Limited Edition Spooky Tapa Rum Decanter ... to some of the lucky 12 that preordered one. Mahalo and see you all very soon!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/362243293846305/

I will also be bringing the last products of Tiki Caliente 5.

Doug Horne VIP signed/print sets. $40 for the set.
Set of Rocks Glasses $20 (Only 2 set's)

Cheers and see you in the morning.

Aloha everyone! It's gonna be a great day at Don's tomorrow!

In tow, I'll have some great handmade ceramics that were either thrown on the potter's wheel or handbuilt.

Lidded coconut mugs

Multi-purpose lidded coconut jars

Tall 18" Tiki Bob

Tiki Bob Scorpion Bowl

PNG Kovave Headdress

Lidded tapa and mid-century modern jars

Thanks for looking and I hope to see you all tomorrow!

WooHoo! The Purple Pig will be making Another Guest Appearance at The International Tiki Market Place tomorrow.

Feed the Pig with your coins to help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, & See,

*All Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Lodge's Purple Pig Foundation.

WooHoo! Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who came to The International TIKI Market Place today and a Giant Mahalo to All the Vendors for All They Do to Create All of these Tiki Treasures for you.
Cheers to My husband, SoccerTiki , for All His Hardwork, Time, & Dedication that he has put into The International TIKI Market Place.

Another great marketplace, Chris, Karen & Don the Beachcomber, Thanks!
And to the best bunch of vendors around!

Now I sleep.......

H

It was a nice day, I got to hear the Smokin' Menehunes, got some nice drinks from the bar and I was fortunate enough to meet Edward Hamilton of Ministry of Rum. can't get any better.

Great to see everyone again. Had a fun time at this ITMP. Special thanks to Danny, (Tiki Diablo) for finishing my mask. Made my day :D. But of course, being in good company all around. Mahaloz Chris and Karen. :)

On 2014-04-27 11:32, forgotten tikiman wrote:
Great to see everyone again. Had a fun time at this ITMP. Special thanks to Danny, (Tiki Diablo) for finishing my mask. Made my day :D. But of course, being in good company all around. Mahaloz Chris and Karen. :)

Hey FT,
Sorry I missed you. Post a pic of dat killa mask once it’s in place.
Later,
David

WooHoo! Mark It On You Calendars........Th Next International TIKI Market Place is on Saturday, June 14th. Details Coming Soon!!!!

Thank you, Mahalo, Merci and Gracias to all who came out to make the 19th International TIKI Market Place so much fun and a big success! What a great group of Vendors we have! Soooooo many great tiki items to decorate your tiki shack with!!! And to all of the wonderful customers coming through to say hi and support their favorite vendors, a big WOOOHOOOOO! Thanks to Don the Beachcomber for providing just the right tiki vibe and all of the great wait staff who kept everyone's glasses full! Thanks to the Smokin' Menehunes and Kimo for playing the perfect tiki tunes!

A special thanks to WooHooWahine (Karen) my wife....She is without a doubt the most resilient (and uplifting) person I know! (You all get to meet her and say hi at every ITMP!)

We look forward to having all of you back at our next fun-filled, action-packed tiki adventure June 14th (Saturday). And stay tuned for exciting information regarding the entertainment lined up for the 20th installation of the International TIKI Market Place in June!!!

Mahalo and WooHoooo!
SoccerTiki

On 2014-04-27 19:15, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:

Hey FT,
Later,
David

Here is Danny's mask nui 'umi 'umi

On 2014-04-28 21:37, forgotten tikiman wrote:

On 2014-04-27 19:15, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:

Hey FT,
Later,
David

Here is Danny's mask nui 'umi 'umi

Mahalo Steve, Although that pic Shows the carving much lighter in color and does not reflect the “massiveness" of the piece. Very nice!
Cheers

This was splattered all over Facebook and it definitely needed to be seen here

Randomland: International Tiki Marketplace

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies