Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

HT

What a Great Tiki event that Soccer Tiki put together , Ohana was in the air. Thanks to all the Tiki people that attended, in one of the nicest Tiki Bar and restaurant around that serves a variety of Tiki drinks and great food -DON THE BEACHCOMBER-. What a great variety of items for sale, with some of the best Tiki Artist around. Be sure to set the date of April 1 for the next International Tiki Market place at DTB. It was like being in Hawaii with the great Hawaiian Band that played. Also , a new shipment of
Gecko Tiki mugs will be at the next show . This event is like being in Hawaii with music, food, drinks,
and a great assortment of Tiki Items. Thanks again Chris "SOCCER TIKI" for providing Southern Calif. close and affordable with this event.

AF

Sunset Beach, California...it was a nice day outside and really great inside Don the Beachcomber! If you couldn't make it, here's some more of what you missed @ the ITMP.

Yep, all that and a birthday cake too!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:03 ]

T

Thanks to everyone that stoppped by & checked out my lamps. It was nice talking to each of you. I'll have a few new ones on April 1st. Thanks again to Chris for putting this together. The DTB staff was great all day long. The Smokin' Menehunes were awesome all day long. You guys to bring CD's I'd buy one for sure.

Mahalos Mahalos to all that attended! And to Chris and Art for pullin this all together! it was such a BLAST seeing all youse fellow arteests and vendors! And it was quite a delight to meet some new friends there! A big Hug to all y'alls that adopted an LLT piece o art! You kids snagged some of my favorites!
will post pictures when i'm feeling less lazy.....
:)

as promised...
some crappy pictures taken at an Awesome Event!
Read em and Weep!
i made sure to get folks at their WORST!
the behind the scenes
seamier side
of the Tiki Community vending underworld....
i even tried to catch Tiki Tony eating!
madness.....pure madness....

http://www.kenruzic.com will be up someday... I'm on FaceBook Tho! and HERE!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=0&2769

[ Edited by: little lost tiki 2012-03-06 07:31 ]

IT'S OFFICIAL!!! The next International TIKI Market Place will take place APRIL FOOL'S DAY! (No foolin'!)

Who: Tiki Vendors, Hawaiian "Hapa Haole" Music Provided by The Smokin' Menehunes
What: International TIKI Market Place
When: April 1, 2012 (April Fool's Day)from 11am to 4pm
Where: Don the Beachcomber, Hidden Village and High Chief's Room
Cost: FREE! You pay $10 admission and get $10 voucher for food and/or drinks!!!
Why: In line with Donn Beach and his founding the International Market Place in Hawaii in 1956, we bring the International Tiki Market Place to Don the Beachcomber.

Vendors To Be Announced Soon!!!

Keep those pictures coming from the previous events!

http://www.DonTheBeachcomber.com

"Marriage, Mortgages and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life!"

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-03-06 07:42 ]

TM

any you tube clips? I have been searching, but have not seen any.

HT

I just talked to my friend GECKO in Hawaii that there will be more Gecko Mugs made in Hawaii for next International Tiki Market place at Don the Beachcomber on April 1. He hinted there my be some mug surprises .

Snap! What good time I had plus I picked up some cool goodies, had a cocktail and visited with some Ohana, what a perfect day out in Huntington Beach! :)

Thanks for the pics everyone! So much fun packed into just a few hours, cheers to my booth neighbors Ken Ruzic, Tom (Big Toe), Dave (Lake Surfer), Go Go tiki and Atomic Tiki Punk. Great to sell along side my tiki friends and what a great space to sell in. Thanks for Don's and Chris for all your work in getting this organized. Long live Tiki!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 20:16 ]

Looks like #2 was an even bigger, better event.
sorry I missed it,
had a date with a 3000 dollar turntable,
a stack of vinyl,
a six pack of beer, and a 1/2 burger.

Priorities right?

Jeff(btd)

On 2012-03-06 18:50, RevBambooBen wrote:
Score! I just found some more Tapa Cloth in another hidden box from my old shop that I can make more Outrigger Hangers with. Pics soon!!

Hahha Ben, so hang a sold tag on one big one! :)

TT

Great photos everyone, thank you!
Sorry we missed the second ITMP, we'll definitely be back next month...provided I'm not too hungover from the Marty Lush show. :wink:

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:05 ]

Right On Boo !!! Digging the one of a kind GECKO mugs !!

That mug on the right is from "Hilo Hattie's" ...even I could glue a plastic gecko on my mug :( ... come on Ben , your better than that!

New Color to commemorate new vendors added to the next International Tiki Market Place! List of vendors coming soon!

NICE!!!

Vendors as of 3/10
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Dr Z, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, HB Tiki,Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, Taboo Island, more to come!!!

There are a few vendor spots available, so PM me if you are interested.

Isn't it April 1st Yet???????

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-24 08:25 ]

How bout some of them melting "Dali Head"? Ha Ha NIGHT GOAT !!!!

We drove from Las Vegas to Tucson just to see the Kon Tiki and all your outstanding work Ben. It was worth the drive. This was 5 years ago not our recent trip. Wendy

B

On 2012-03-10 09:53, SoccerTiki wrote:
Vendors as of 3/10
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Big Ed, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Dr Z, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, HB Tiki,Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, Taboo Island, more to come!!!

There are a few vendor spots available, so PM me if you are interested.

Sent PM about being a vendor at the next show!

Yay! Thanks Ben!! :)

I'd like to vend, as well. Sent a PM.

I'm sorry, all the vendor spaces are full for this event. If you wish to be on the waitlist for future events, please PM me. Those that have already messaged me, I will keep you posted if and when spaces open up. We want everyone to have the opportunity to vend so as we grow there will be more spaces! Thank you to those who have asked to be on the list and are waiting patiently!!!

Vendors for the April 1st Market Place
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Big Ed, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Dr Z, Eric October, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Stan, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, & Taboo Island!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2012-03-14 07:50 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:06 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:06 ]

TM

Ha ha! Those are great!

Q: What do BOSKO, BONGO FURY, ERIC OCTOBER, FALLING COCOS, MAHALO TIKI, MIKE SBICCA, POLYNESIAC, TIKI MAGAZINE & TIKI STAN all have in common?

A: They are all joining us as Vendors for the first time at the International TIKI Market Place April 1st at Don the Beachcomber!!!

Wow, can't wait!!

Thank you for the welcome, I'm stoked to be vending, and to get the chance to meet everyone!
I sell vintage Aloha shirts from the 1940's-1970's and will have about 200 at the event, and maybe a few newer ones, if they have tikis on 'em :)
I look forward to seeing everyone there!
Roots Rocka
Michael Sbicca

Glad to get a spot. I will be bringing custom chainsaw carved tikis, Here is one that will be there. I cant wait to meet some friends! Tiki Stan.

B

This will be our first Tiki event. Me and my wife can't wait.

We will be bringing lots of MUGS for Sale!

Thanks from Nelson at Mahalo Tiki!

TS

Oh ya!!! That's my birthday and a more perfect way to celebrate I can not imagine. Gotta go to this! Woo hoo!!!!
Tiki Slob

I better bring a big truck to hall all the goodies home in.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:09 ]

TA

It always A Great Time, looking forward to beginning there Again..
Oh it's my Birthday Too let's get a Cake....!!!!

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2012-03-18 02:59 ]

Ben, how much for the 8x10s?

I'm SUPER stoked to be a part of this!!!! Can't wait to hang with y'all!!!! I'll have some cool stuff for sale. Not sure what yet, but it'll be COOL!

WooHooo! April 1st is Right Around the Corner :)

On 2012-03-12 15:52, SoccerTiki wrote:
I'm sorry, all the vendor spaces are full for this event. If you wish to be on the waitlist for future events, please PM me. Those that have already messaged me, I will keep you posted if and when spaces open up. We want everyone to have the opportunity to vend so as we grow there will be more spaces! Thank you to those who have asked to be on the list and are waiting patiently!!!

Vendors for the April 1st Market Place
Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Bongo Fury, Bosko, Big Ed, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, Dr Z, Eric October, Falling Cocos, Go Tiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hot Tiki, Johnnie Velour, Mahalo Tiki, Michael Sbicca, Miss Does It All, Picture Show Gallery, Polynesiac, Tiki Magazine, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Pops, Tiki Stan, Tikiyaki, Smokin' Tiki, & Taboo Island!

WOW! We have 9 new vendors to our market place! Everything from original artwork, tikis, lamps, furniture, collectibles, tiki mugs, jewelry, pottery, carvings, music, tropical flowers, magazines and tiki pendants can be found on the tables of our vendors! There may even be some shave ice in the shack!

The Smokin' Menehunes will provide the musical ambiance that will take us back to Waikiki and Don the Beachcomber will provide the original tiki libations to make our purchasing decisions easier!!!

We will have drawings for some great door prizes throughout the day!

Looking forward to seeing old and new friends on Sunday!!!

HT

GECKO called me from his studio in Hawaii yesterday to let me know that a case of GECKO MUGS have been shipped for Soccer Tiki's Internation Tiki Market Place at Don the Beachcomber on April 1. Get there early to see the best pick on the Mugs.

WooHoo!! Only 6 More days :)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 10:10 ]

I just got word the Crazy Al will be in the house!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies