Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around :wink:
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:47 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:47 ]

Debuting a new 6 oz. Marquesan drinking flask and other goodies. See yall there!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:48 ]

TA

WoooW..!!! It's almost time for The Tiki Market Place...
Time flys when your drinking Mai Tai's.
Here are some of the pieces I'll be bring down for the show...

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2012-10-05 17:38 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki Al 2012-10-05 17:40 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:48 ]

T

7" and 8" (night light) puffer fish $20.00

19" and 20" puffer fish LED lights

HT

Nice job TIKIVATO, Besides hand made Mai Tais????

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:49 ]

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor

[ Edited by: RevBambooBen 2016-03-25 20:49 ]

Aloha Friends,

Here is the final list of vendors for this Saturday's International TIKI Market Place:

Atomic Tiki Punk & Jungle Ginger, Bamboo Ben, Cat Vintage Wears, Crazy Al, Dionysus Records, Don the Beachcomber, Doug Horne, GoTiki, Happy Chi Jewelry, HB Tiki, Hula Girls Shave Ice, Johnnie Velour, Kirby, Krisdrama, Mieko, Mike Tiki Tasi-Vintage Polynesia, Mrs. Bong, Nelson’s Tiki Hut, Smokin’ Tikis, The Pod King, Tiki Broker, Tiki Diablo, Tiki Pops, Tiki Roots Rocka, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Stan, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Taboo Island & Vintage Shoe Queen’s Classic Wears

We have got something for everyone!!! From Tikis; Art; Music; New & Vintage Tiki Mugs; Jewelry; Vintage Clothing & Collectibles; Hand-Made Tiki Items & Furnishing for Your Home, Tiki Bar or Yard; Island-Style Knick-Knacks; Shave Ice; Tiki Wall-Hangings & Lighting, and more!!!

With 3 differrent mug releases, come early to make sure you don't miss out on the deals!!! Doors open at 11am sharp! NO EARLY BIRDS! $10 Admission still gets you a voucher for $10 of food and drink during your visit! Cash only at the door please! Mahalo!

M
mieko posted on Tue, Oct 9, 2012 3:01 PM

I will be selling what's left of Tiki-Kate's mug collection, we have a LOT of boxes still. I hope we can find good homes for them!

RD

On 2012-10-09 08:14, SoccerTiki wrote:
Aloha Friends,

With 3 differrent mug releases, come early to make sure you don't miss out on the deals!!!

Who is the third mug from? I know I read Tiki Tony and Don the Beachcomber are having a release? Any chance of some photos to whet our appetite?

C
Chippy posted on Tue, Oct 9, 2012 5:54 PM

Wow! What a list of vendors.

I need to pick up some side jobs to raise some extra $$

Anyone need me to mow their lawn??

On 2012-10-09 17:54, Chippy wrote:

Do you Dust Tiki Mugs???

On 2012-10-09 17:54, Chippy wrote:

Do you do it in your uniform? :lol:

HT

Will you wash cars????

[ Edited by: HB TIKI 2012-10-09 21:28 ]

HT

GECKO'S new Float Mug for sale at The International Tiki Market Place at DTB Sat , Oct 13. Limit quantity.

I'll have some new pieces including some jugs.

K
kirby posted on Wed, Oct 10, 2012 3:13 PM

Some stuff I will have available at Dons this weekend!!

And of cource pendants
Plus I will have a limited supply of these custom painted Taboo pendants.. Numbered and signed.

[ Edited by: kirby 2012-10-10 15:14 ]

C

ATP: yes I can do it in uniform but not my work clothes (or costume as my daughter used to call it). Mrs Chippy has a uniform for me to wear while I am working around the house.

HB Tiki: sure I was cars. Just park it outside today. I will send the rain over right now.

See you cats on Sat.

CA

hair bows y'all!

On 2012-10-10 15:13, kirby wrote:
Some stuff I will have available at Dons this weekend!!

[ Edited by: kirby 2012-10-10 15:14 ]

I Dig that !

Al is making hairbows now?

On 2012-10-11 12:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

I noticed that! I think he is trying to corner the market on all things tiki! I can't wait to see what he, you and the other 28 vendors have in store for us!!! I'll be there early! LOL!!!

Aloha All!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!

I'm bring a slightly different inventory, but non of my Aloha shirts will be over $20. Lots of small and medium 1960's vintage that'll be perfect Christmas gifts to get the youngin's into tiki. Most of the XL/XXL will be Tommy Bahama, Reyn Spooner, and Kahala.

I'll have some vintage Hawaiiana.

1950's Frank Oda black velvet painting, "Sunrise Near Diamond Head." $250 Painting is in excellent condition and the frame has a little separation in the corner, but you might want a nice custom frame by one of the other vendors :)

A pair of 1950's Eugene Savage menu's framed in original Barney Davis Gallery frames with Davis Gallery stickers. In addition to owning the art gallery, Davis represented several prominent artists from the South Pacific, including Edgar Leeteg. One frame is damaged and needs a little wood glue repair. $100 for the pair.

I'll also be bringing some of my ceramic tiki mug/sculptures. All 1/1 hand sculpted pieces fired at cone 10. I like the clays that're heavy on the iron, so don't put them in the microwave :)

$60

$150 - 3 layers of glaze in all those little spots took a LONG time.
There's a few more pieces in the $35-75 range, but these are all the pictures I've got handy.
Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you on Saturday!

Aloha,
Michael

I will be selling some Small Puffer Fish Lamps and Mini Glass Fishing Floats.

(Mai Tai glass included to show scale)

On 2012-10-11 12:46, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

They'll bring more wahine to his table.

T

Here are 2 more Moai Lamps.

New style Moai Lamp. 2 matching.

New Tribal Lamp.

Other lamps still available.

We'll also have our vintage clothing, jewelery & more.

See you Saturday.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY!!!

30 Vendors! Live Polynesian music and dancing! Great food and drinks! MUG RELEASES!!! Friends and more!

Doors open at 11am...Polynesian dance show starts at noon.

Welcome to paradise!!!

HT

When you buy your Don the Beachcomber barrel tomorrow, be sure to buy a shipping crate to store and display your mug in.

I'll have a small flock of these mini driftwood tiki birds. Biggest one has a 6" long beak. $60 hand carved and painted in the beachcomber shack.

Also Driftwood drawings $40

And might have 1,2 of these! $50

C

That crate looks awesome. What a great idea.

WooHooooooo! Today's The Day.......See You Soon!!! :)

It's here! See you all there.

WooHoooo.....What A Day!!! Mahalo! Mahalo! Mahalo to All The Vendors, The Polynesian Paradise Dancers, Art & Delia Snyder, The Don The Beachcomber Ohana, and EVERYONE who came to The International Tiki Market Place. Thanks to You All it was Another Huge Success. See you at the next International Tiki Market Place on December 2.

M
mieko posted on Sat, Oct 13, 2012 8:02 PM

Thanks so much to everyone who came by and gave Kate's mugs a good home. It's always amazing to see all the people that she knew and all the people she didn't know and how touched everyone was from her presence.

Mahalo

Mahalo to everyone at Don's today. Had a blast. Lotsa ohana there. Always supercool to see Liz at SoCal events.Some pix follow-I'll try not to post what others have already posted. Took plenty pix, but, because I was experimenting without flash, most of the subjects were too blurry to recognize or maybe it was demon rum?
Cheers

Rosemary, Tikivato's better half and CeCe, my tikiqueen in Tikivato's sales booth.

Danny,aka TikiDiablo,in his booth,photo taken using only ambient light. Very difficult to get more than a blur when trying to capture TD's image without benefit of a flash.

Go-go (Gotiki) and the lovely Dani. Imho, Go-go is one of the best and most creative artists in tiki today. I'll try to post tomorrow the pieces I purchased today

Tiki Al

HB Tiki

Tiki Roots Rocka and Soccertiki . Another great event Chris!

Kirby

Nice couple that stopped by Tikivato's booth. Awesome tiki/Aloha shirt.
img]https://tikicentral.com/uploads/50848/507a5103.jpg[/img]

International tiki marketplace in ambient light.

Aframe (aka Anders) in ambient light bragging about something.

Looks like everyone had a great time. Sad I missed it :(. Hope to be there at the one on December 2nd.

S

Great pics David, a shame about the blurry ones. Wish i could have made it, even with Liz there. :lol:

What the hell, when did it become the Liz Show?

Thanks to everyone who came out ,Chris,Karen,Art the staff & all the great vendors!
whom make this a fun event, A special thanks to Mieko who brought us a part of Kate's wonderful
collection so we can all share in it.

HT

Great pictures David.

Thanks to Don's and the vendors for another fun afternoon at the marketplace. Saturday was rum barrel day!

kevin

C

This event just keeps getting better and better. Great vendors, great venue, and most of all great people. Everytime I go I always come away making so many wonderful new friends and getting a chance to speak with old ones.

Kudos to Chris and Karen. And the Hula show was well worth the price of admission. Those kids were great fun.

Thanks for sharing all the pictures too.

WooHooo! Save The Date: The Next International Tiki Market Place will be on Sunday, December 2 from 11:00am-4:00pm.

Soccer and WooHoo not only have we saved the date we have our hotel reservations and I'm working on a ton of ceramics to sell. Here are some of those I've fired.

By December there should be even more than these.

We look forward to seeing everyone, cheers, Wendy and Dan

It will be great that you are joining us motley crew of vendors,Wendy!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies