Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Original TIKI Market Place "End of Summer Extravaganza" September 23, 2023

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2,034 replies

T

On 2017-07-08 20:06, WooHooWahine wrote:
WooHoo!! The Purple Pig will be making a Guest Appearance at The Original Tiki Market Place on Saturday, July 22nd, for Our Star Spangled Celebration Raffle . Stay Tuned for More Details!!!

Raffle Tickets will be sold for $5 a ticket or $20 for 7 tickets.

Your donations will help Disabled Children Walk, Talk, See, & Play.

*Proceeds will be donated to The California-Hawaii Elks Purple Pig Project.

Here's what I will be donating to this worthy cause.

If you don't win this 10" lighted puffer fish, I will have six of these for sale in my booth for $35.00 each.

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2017-07-08 20:17 ]

[ Edited by: TikiVato 2017-07-18 21:00 ]

T

I have sold 4 of these 10" puffers to customer coming down from Sacramento for the Original Tiki Market Place. I also shipped some to Texas and Florida. I was able to make a few more today. I also made some 12" puffer lamps that I will be selling for $45.00

Looking forward to a fun Saturday at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge! We have Desi Relator, K-Poly Entertainers AND a special Surf Music set by the Drop Ins! We will be enjoying the beautiful outdoor park we call the "Koko Beach Park" where there will be plenty of refreshing drinks, yummy burgers, hot dogs and Hawaiian Chicken Bowls and more! The Tiki Bar will be open and there be plenty of shade! Bring the family...You won't find any crowded, stuffy, hot aisles here!

So come out and enjoy the music, vendors, food, drinks and friends!

Items I'll be bringing tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Jul 21, 2017 8:49 AM

The Drop-Ins.

Buzzy, Danno & Max.

12 Noon.

Plan on having lunch while listening to some great music this Saturday! The food is good (I have tried it all!) There is something for everybody at a reasonable price, and don't forget, the Tiki Bar outside serving Refreshments all afternoon. Also, the Elks Lodge accepts credit cards! (And for those of you that don't know, there is an ATM machine that will be fully stocked tomorrow morning!)

T

For those of you that have been asking about my Jumbo Puffer Fish Lamps the last couple of years, I finally have one for sale. This one measures over 22" in length.

T

Got my truck packed for a great Tiki Day tomorrow. A couple is driving to the market place to buy 4 puffer fish lamps from Sacramento. Another couple from Ohio is driving up from San Diego. Aloha

We are Excited to have Desi Relator & Ukulena on Our Entertainment Line-up for September 9th...Woohoo!

Get them Mai Tai’s prepped. We’ll be there!

There will be some awesome Tiki Lamps to enhance your Tiki Room/Bar! Here is just one of our wonderful vendor's items:

THIS SATURDAY (9/6) FROM 10-3...COME EARLY TO GET THE GOODS!

SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT! The first 50 attendees tomorrow will receive a free mini event poster for our OcTikiFest event next month by our friend and vendor artist Norm Daniels! There will also be an official OTMP sticker with the mini poster!

Mark it on your calendars!

This Just In! The Current Lineup for this coming Saturday's OTMP OcTikiFest:

Oct.21 Vending List:
320 Main, Culture Cove, Go Nuts, Golden Rhodes Jewlery of Hawaii, Jeff Granito, Jenny's Painted Kicks, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Kustom Krafts by Kitty, Mid-Mod Vintage, Norm Daniels, The Picture Show Gallery, The Pleated Peacock, Spermy's Dry Docked Goods, SPOOK-A-LENA, Starlite Confetti, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Broker, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Tiki Monster, Tiki Vato, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, TLee Originals, Gavin Wyatt, and The Emblem Club Wahines Tropical Treats.....Woohoo!

Come out for a fun friendly atmosphere of Live Hawaiian Music, Tiki Vending, Food, Friends, Fun and Drinks!

As always, this is a family-friendly event! Large Aisles mean Plenty of Room for the Strollers!!! (In fact, we often see guests using their strollers to carry out the many items they purchase!!!)

Come listen to the hynotic Hawaiian sounds of Desi relator...Stay for KPoly with Owen Akiona and his Hawaiian Dance troupe. And as a special treat, SPOOK-A-LENA will engage us with a few haunting melodies! LOTS OF SEATING IN FRONT OF THE STAGE!!!

I hear there will be a special "Wheel of MisFortune" sponsored by Tiki Broker and giving away free gifts!!!

We look forward to seeing you and having some fun! Stop by and say "Hi".

http://www.tikioasis.com
http://www.facebook.com/OriginalTikiMarketPlace

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2017-10-17 10:19 ]

Save the Date!

Operation Hula Days Toy Drive - 'Tis the Season to Help Spread Some Holiday Cheer. We will be collecting New Unwrapped Toys or Gift Cards to donate to The Garden Grove Elks Lodge's Holiday Toy Drive at The December 9th Original TIKI Market Place. Let's help make some children have a Very Merry Christmas.....WooHoo!!

See You December 9th for All of Your Tiki Hula Days Shopping....WooHoo!!!

T

I will be selling a set of five puffer fish lamps, 8"-12". They are cordless and are operated with a remote control. They have color changing bulbs and the color can remain static. I have five of these around my home bar. Stop by my booth at the next original Tiki Market place at my Elks Lodge in Garden Grove on December 9th for a demo of how they work. There are countless ways on how and where to display them without worrying about how to hide the wires or having to put them near the outlets.

I will also be selling my TikiVato Mai Tai Glasses that were designed by Von Franco.

Don't Forget to Pick Up Your Donations while You are Out and About Shopping :)

Operation Hula Days Toy Drive - 'Tis the Season to Help Spread Some Holiday Cheer. We will be collecting New Unwrapped Toys or Gift Cards to donate to The Garden Grove Elks Lodge's Holiday Toy Drive at The December 9th Original TIKI Market Place. Let's help make some children have a Very Merry Christmas.....WooHoo!!

Here is a sample of some very cool lamps that will be available this Saturday at the Original TIKI Market Place at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge! This lamp will be for sale at HB Tiki's booth....

Aloha friends! In hopes of avoiding ANY confusion in the upcoming 2018 TIKI year, we are announcing our dates for the year now. We hope other venues will be considerate of the hard working vendors and realize their need for every possible opportunity to vend their wares in a positive "Ohana" atmosphere. Here are the dates we have secured at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge: January 6th, March 10th, April 14th, June 9th, July 28th, Sept 8th, Oct 20th & Dec 8th.

The Original TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past six years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

Come see your friends and meet new ones.

See you THIS SATURDAY at the GARDEN GROVE ELKS LODGE from 10a to 3p.

Start Making Your Lists and Check Them Twice, The Original TIKI Market Place Huladays Show tomorrow will have Something for Everybody who is Naughty & Nice....Woohoo!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2017-12-13 07:30 ]

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2017-12-20 07:52 ]

Here's a Sneak Peek at Our Tiki-Studed List of Vendors for The Original TIKI Market Place 6th Anniversary on January 6th....Woohoo!

January 6th Vendors List: Buzz Rhino, Clee, Jeff Granito, Go Nuts, Gotiki, HB Tiki, Hottiki , Humble Poi, Jenny's Painted Kicks, Sven Kirsten, Kustom Krafts by Kitty, Rarabird, Retro Ruthie, Ron Monster, Spermy's Dry Docked Goods, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Thor, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Vato, Vick's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Guyz, Gavin Wyatt, and More.

T

On 2017-12-03 21:03, SoccerTiki wrote:
Aloha friends! In hopes of avoiding ANY confusion in the upcoming 2018 TIKI year, we are announcing our dates for the year now. We hope other venues will be considerate of the hard working vendors and realize their need for every possible opportunity to vend their wares in a positive "Ohana" atmosphere. Here are the dates we have secured at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge: January 6th, March 10th, April 14th, June 9th, July 28th, Sept 8th, Oct 20th & Dec 8th.

The Original TIKI Market Place is and has always been about "Ohana"; an Hawaiian word meaning family...and in an extended definition it includes adopted and intentional members. It is this feeling, or "vibe" we have created over the past six years and are so proud of! We are grateful for our friends, both vendors and guests, for your support!

Awesome - thanks for posting this.

One of Our Sponsors, Azteca Mexican Restaurant , "The Elvis Restaurant" on Main Street in Garden Grove, is offering a 10 percent discount off of food for All Guests of The Original TIKI Market Place this Saturday. Stop by after The OTMP and mention the Code Word:Tiki
https://www.facebook.com/AztecaOC/

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2018-01-05 07:17 ]

Mahalo to Everyone Who Came from Far & Near Today to help us Celebrate The Original TIKI Market Place's 6th Anniversary. See You March 10 for Our 50th TIKI Market Place....Woohoo!!!

SoccerTiki, thanks so much for setting your dates in advance and posting them! I really want to come from the East Coast for one of these events and knowing the dates this far out might help make this happen! Fingers crossed I can come up with some $ for plane tickets, hotel and SPENDING!!

Happy New Year!

On 2018-01-07 12:14, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

SoccerTiki, thanks so much for setting your dates in advance and posting them! I really want to come from the East Coast for one of these events and knowing the dates this far out might help make this happen! Fingers crossed I can come up with some $ for plane tickets, hotel and SPENDING!!

Happy New Year!

Lori-Thanks for your recognition! We look forward to seeing you in the near future! Hau'oli Makahiki Hou!

An open letter/request to Don the Beachcomber. We, The Original TIKI Market Place, posted the dates of our upcoming 2018 schedule in early December in hopes there would be no conflicting dates that put the vendors and customers in a tough spot. Since we are limited to the dates available to us by our venue, we in good faith hope Don the Beachcomber could schedule their dates so as there is no conflict. Since 2012 the Original TIKI Market Place was started to help out our friends, the vendors, to have more opportunities to show their wares and to help a struggling restaurant. We have enjoyed many events without issue. We look forward to our 50th event March 10th at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge and hope that in the spirit of Goodwill and Tiki that Don the Beachcomber will schedule their events on dates other than the dates we have posted. It is for the benefit of the whole Tiki community. Again, here are the dates for 2018 that we posted publicly December 3rd; January 6th, March 10th, April 14th, June 9th, July 28th, Sept 8th, Oct 20th & Dec 8th.

O
Otto posted on Thu, Jan 18, 2018 11:58 PM

Wow, 1.1 MILLION views!

On 2018-01-18 23:58, Otto wrote:
Wow, 1.1 MILLION views!

And coming up on our 50th show March 10th! Lots of fun over the past 6 years!

Here's a Sneaky Peeky of Our Tiki-Studded List of Vendors for March 10th. Stay Tuned for More Exciting Announcements Soon!!!

March 10 Vending List: Chaotic Creations, Charles Phoenix, Jeff Granito, Go Nuts, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jenny's Painted Kicks, Sven Kirsten, Live Aloha, Mele Tiki Guys, PS Mod Tiki, rumwild, Spermy's Dry-Docked Goods, Stella Martini, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, The Typsy Baker LBC, Thor, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Vato, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Guyz, Gavin Wyatt & More....Woohoo!

Here's a Sneaky Peeky of Our Tiki-Studded List of Vendors for March 10th. Stay Tuned for More Exciting Announcements Soon!!!

March 10 Vending List: Chaotic Creations, Charles Phoenix, Jeff Granito, Go Nuts, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Humble Poi, Jenny's Painted Kicks, Sven Kirsten, Live Aloha, Mele Tiki Guys, PS Mod Tiki, rumwild, Spermy's Dry-Docked Goods, Stella Martini, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, The Typsy Baker LBC, Thor, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Vato, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, Vintage Guyz, Gavin Wyatt & More....Woohoo!

We are excited to announce a Special Tiki Mug Release this coming Saturday, March 10th at the Original TIKI Market Place at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge! Our friends at rumwild in Phoenix will be selling their limited edition, Eekum Bookum tiki mug! They are only bringing 50 of the 75 made, so come down early!!! They are 81/2 " tall and hold a thirst-quenching 24 ozs.! Only $65 for a very cool mug! http://www.facebook.com/events/142527236451622/

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2018-03-03 16:01 ]

Hot Off the Coconut Wire!!! In Celebration of our 50th event, The OTMP at the Garden Grove Elks Lodge will be giving away an Original Print by Thor to the first 100 people that show up on March 10th! Here's a sneak preview of the original print. Thor will be on hand to sign them and will have many other great items for sale! The doors open at 10 a.m. Throughout the day we will be giving away a few more along with other tiki-rrific raffle prizes!

We are Excited to have Charles Phoenix at The Original TIKI Market Place this Saturday....Woohoo!!

Mahalo! Mahalo to Everyone who Came Out & Joined Us for The Original TIKI Market Place's 50th Event!! Even though it was Dreary and Wet outside the Market Place was full of Lots Sunshine with All of The Ohana that showed up. We look forward to seeing you all on April 14th.....Woohoo!!

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2018-03-12 19:34 ]

This just in....Stay tuned for a Special Entertainment Announcement! You are not going to want to miss this on Saturday April 14th!!!

Here's a Sneak Peek of Our Tiki-Studded List of Vendors for April14th. Stay Tuned for More Exciting Announcements...Woohoo!!

April 14th Vendors List: Awesome Aloha, Big Daddy O's Vintage Aloha Shirts, Buzz Rhino, Buzzy, Clee, Culture Cove, Norm Daniels, Gotiki & Tiki Siren, HB Tiki, Hottiki, Hula Hideaway Art, Humble Poi, Jungle Ginger, Jungle River Boat,Sven Kirsten, Jenny's Painted Kicks, Kapalua Designs, Maui Hal, MidZenMod, Moonshine Mama, PS Mid- Mod Tiki, Ron Monster, Smokin Tikis, Spermy's Dry Docked Goods, Starlite Confetti, Stella Martini, Surf City Hawaiian Shirts, Tiki Al, Tiki Broker, Tiki Gonzo, Tiki Heaven, Tiki Shaker, Tiki Tiki Monster, Tiki Tony, Tiki Vato, Tikiman Hawaiiana, Tikiology, Top Notch Embroidery & Bling, Vicki's Tiki Moon Art, & Gavin Wyatt.

[ Edited by: woohoowahine 2018-04-07 10:40 ]

Hot Off the Coconut Wire:
Free with paid admission to the Original TIKI Market Place!!!
"Authenticity. You know it when you hear it, and if you’re listening to the Martini Kings you’re definitely hearing it. Lounge music is hot right now, but nobody plays it with that ice-cool, cigar-smoke & Dubonnet fifties vibe that the Martini Kings have. If you’re sharing a room with the Martini Kings don’t be surprized if you suddenly spill your drink. It’s the ghosts of Dino and Sammy brushing your elbow on their way to the bar.Formed in 1982 by the Philadelphia born Marsico brothers, the band has remained true to their dedication to a form of music known as West Coast jazz, a style of jazz music that developed around Los Angeles and San Francisco during the 1950's which features a less frenetic, calmer style than bebop and tends to be more heavily arranged, and more often composition- based. With 15 albums released to date and numerous gold and platinum albums to the members credits - the band with their Mid Century Modern looks and sound continue to wow music lovers throughout the U.S. and abroad as well as write songs for television and motion pictures. Their original songs can be heard in the HBO hits Entourage, Six Feet Under and beyond." http://www.martinikings.com

Special Spring Fling Giveaway: The first one hundred paid attendees to The Original TIKI Market Place on April 14th will receive this Limted Edition Event Poster designed by Norm Daniels. Norm Daniels will be available to sign your posters only at The Original TIKI Market Place ....Woohoo!!

Getting some work done while listening to my two new CDs in my Martini Kings Collection....Very smooth and cool! Thanks Tony! I'll "hear" you Saturday at the Original TIKI Market Place!

SAVE THE DATE!!! JUNE 9th.....

Here is a current list of Awesome Vendors for our June 9th "Dads and Grads" Tiki Event:
Buzzy
Buzz Rhino
Clee
Design Crime Studios
Go Tiki
HB Tiki
Hottiki
Hula Hideaway Art
Humble Poi
Jungle Ginger
Jeff Granito
Jungle River Cruise
Jenny’s Painted Kicks
Kapalua Designs
KenTiki
Kustom Krafts by Kitty
The Martini Kings
Sven Kirsten
Oceanic Designs
Pleated Peacock
Smokin’ Tikis
Stilettoed Devil
Spring Candles
Surf City Hawaiian Shirts
Thor
Tiki Al
Tiki Broker
Tiki Gonzo
Tiki Heaven
Tikiology
Tiki Man Hawaiiana
Tiki Shaker
Top Notch Embroidery & Bling
Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art
Gavin Wyatt
***Stay Tuned for More Announcements!!!

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2018-05-04 13:06 ]

[ Edited by: SoccerTiki 2018-05-04 13:07 ]

More Information Here: https://www.facebook.com/events/424449898020253/

Updated Vending List:Buzzy
Buzz Rhino
Clee
Design Crime Studios
Go Tiki
Jeff Granito
HB Tiki
Hottiki
Hula Hideaway Art
Humble Poi
Jungle Ginger
Jeff Granito
Jungle River Cruise
Jenny’s Painted Kicks
Kapalua Designs
KenTiki
Kustom Krafts by Kitty
The Martini Kings
Sven Kirsten
Oceanic Designs
Eric October
Pleated Peacock
Rom Monster
Sex & MOnsters
Smokin’ Tikis
Stilettoed Devil
Spring Candles
Surf City Hawaiian Shirts
Tiki Al
Tiki Broker
Tiki Gonzo
Tiki Heaven
Tiki Man Hawaiiana
Top Notch Embroidery & Bling
Vicki’s Tiki Moon Art
Gavin Wyatt

[ Edited by: WooHooWahine 2018-05-24 17:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 2034 replies