Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

Show us what you made for dinner, only rule, you have to make it yourself.
I will start.

Tonight's dinner is

Char Siu Chinese Barbecued Pork over Pineapple Coconut Rice

Now get to cooking....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-10-07 18:37 ]

Does it need to be Semi-Tiki/Chinese/Polynesian/PseudoPolynesian/MidCentury-Exotic?

EDIT - Nice presentation by the way ATP

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2009-12-10 08:07 ]

what about Cheerios?
I pour em in a bowl
and add soymilk
Does that count?

No, I say go for any kind of meal, just as long as you make it yourself.
The way I look at it, if it is made by a TCer, its a Tiki meal!

On 2009-12-10 08:12, little lost tiki wrote:
what about Cheerios?
I pour em in a bowl
and add soymilk
Does that count?

Well Kinney, I believe if you starve an Artist, you get starving Art, now back to Bilge with you.
what that means? I am not sure, You can paint a feast?
Get to cooking....

i can't cook...
but i am married
so i do get the occassional home-cooked meal....
but i don't make those
just Cheerios....
and PBJ sammiches....
MAYBE.....maybe Soup
but that's a longshot....

starving artists got more edge....

plus, i can live offa my belly fat for MONTHS!

You keep rocking, Kinny....Perhaps you can post some artwork that has food in it? I would be cool with that.

Tonights Dinner...

My Ultra Huevos Rancheros w/homemade Pico de Gallo

So is anybody else making food here?, show us your stuff!

How about a Vegetarian Cannibal and his food/victims?

Thats the spirit, Kinny!

T

Typical breakfast - Butterball turkey-bacon, Yukon potatoes, tons of ground pepper and big splash of hot sauce. Toast & coffee were too shy & backed outta the photo. Should have pancakes in another 'pan w/real maple syrup, but it's too much to do @ 4:30AM every morning...

Crap, now I'm late!

[ Edited by: twitch 2009-12-11 05:34 ]

All right Twitch, I was beginning to wonder if any body else was cooking out there...

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-11 12:30 ]

Hold your horses ATP! No cooking 'til I get off this run of 12 hour shifts :)

No post for me tonight, I had to work late, so I dinned out...

OK, here's today's line-up

Brownie Bites, White Chocolate Dipped Pretzles, Holiday Chex Mix, Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Cookies, Sugar-Free Snickerdoodles, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Snickerdoodles, Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies, Gingerbread Men, & Chili Chocolate Cookies.

20 lbs smoked brisket

Well not quite dinner, but brunch......

Hawaiian Bread French Toast...

MadDogMike, that looks like a spread, glad you broke out the smoker, I loves me the smoker, I did not want to rub it in (a Pitmaster Joke)
But I will be smoking up some heaven on a plate, soon. Pulled Pork, sounds good.

Had to make a quick meal tonight....

Vietnamese Banh Mi...

I have been perfecting my Pho, it is such a simple dish, but to make it well, takes a bit of skill.

Nice thread ATP - I've got a couple for you:

I made some cocktail weenies last night (and some brushcetta peaking out in the corner) - people can't believe the sauce is just Heinz Chili sauce and grape jelly... tikilicious:

And here's a miniature breakfast I made for our miniature dog:

heheh!

Trad'r Bill

A

It's Crab Season over here- for these few weeks you can get fresh Dungeness at $2.99/lb and under. It's always a cause for celebration...that translates into buying loads of it, spending hours cooking and cracking and a few minutes eating.

Dinner: Crab & Basmati rice w/butter, garlic, lemon, salt&pepper, mustard greens with garlic and soy sauce

Breakfast: Crabby Patties! Eaten too quickly to photo the side sauce of Sriracha and Lemonnaise.

And, Cookies! (well, fer lookin, anyhow- they're fake!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeness_crab

A

PS- Hey Trad'r Bill- I got these crabs at the Ranch 99 in El Cerrito, my Go-To Crab Tank!

Trad'r Bill, The photo of your Dog with breakfast had me rolling, Nice job everybody! I am glad to see others here actually cook.
Keep posting everybody, before you know it,we will be trading recipes,

T

Chilaquila: tortilla chips (plain) in layers with free-range chicken strips, bell peppers, sour cream or some other sauce & some other stuff I can't recall (made it about a year ago).
Didn't have any chilies at the time, so I'll have to be making it again soon, only much spicier.

EDIT: Wait - okay, those ARE jalepenos in there, with onions as well. Maybe it was two years ago...

[ Edited by: twitch 2009-12-13 18:14 ]

On 2009-12-13 18:11, twitch wrote:
Maybe it was two years ago

I hope you've eaten since then :lol:

Twitch, I am not sure meals from 1 year ago, really should qualify for this thread? I could play Thread Nazi, or we could just all vote on it.

Heil the inflatable Hitler!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-17 18:21 ]

TK

i have to get off my lazy rum drinking butt and buy a camera. no pics but tonight i made steak fahitas with sweet onion, red, green and gold bell peppers, several jalepenos. then garnished with cilantro, red onion, green onion and habanero chile and some fresh shredded cabbage. rum DOES NOT put out the habanero burn!

[ Edited by: talo ka 2009-12-16 13:56 ]

Yes, post pictures! I had to work late so we got Thai Takeout, so no new post from me, come on everybody, what are you cooking?
Thanks for those of you who are posting.

Jerked Chicken
Saffron Rice with Black Beans
Grilled Zucchini
Fresh Fruit

Nice Caribbean menu tonight MDM! I am working late, so I do not know yet if I will have anything to post.
Keep cooking Mike!

amybean, please keep posting!

A

Funny I was just thinking I hadn't in a while!

OK- here's today's culinary crafts:

The matzoh ball soup with carrots, celery, onion, and lots of parsley
qualifies as a bona fide X-Tend-O Meal(tm) item
due to the use of Trader Joe's Panko chicken cutlets.
One day I'll write that dang cookbook... maybe ya'll will help!!

I tried a new recipe today for Gingerbread Biscotti.
http://web.mac.com/emmakgrant/Get_Baked/New/Entries/2008/12/20_Gingerbread_Biscotti.html
I added chopped pecans to the batter and coated the bottoms in dark chocolate. Yum!

Thanks amybean, Soups are very popular with the Lady of the house, although I am the one who does all the cooking
nothing like a hearty Soup bowl & hot sourdough baguette, I also like doing thicker soupes in a bread bowl, Danish Pea soup, or even chili
OK I am getting hungry now, Damn You! amybean!

A

What is Danish Pea Soup?

Had to make a quick meal tonight...went classic diner food.

Patty Melt.....Lots of grilled onions,Jarlsberg swiss cheese, crunchy deli pickles...

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-19 18:36 ]

Stop, you guys, I'm starving...

Tonite I'm preparing a salad with jamón ibérico, brie cheese, walnuts, mixed greens and dressed with sicilian pesto... hey, I'm a mediterranean guy!

Post a Picture, welcome to the most interesting thread in the world.

OK, here you have your salad.

TK

mmmmmmmmm looks like a good 1 too.

I am cooking up a storm for Xmas eve, so just a quick meal tonight, but still a tasty one.

Chorizo & Beef Burritos w/the works....

Merry Xmas to all!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-23 20:27 ]

MadDogMike we are missing your posts here.......

I'm back to 12 hour shifts, no cooking for me. I did try homemade pineapple marshmallows yesterday but they were an utter failure! :lol:

I wanted to make Tropical S'Mores - homemade pineapple marshmallows on storebought coconut macaroons. I've decided instead to try storebought toasted coconut marshmallows and homemade pineapple cookies :)

Hi MadDogMike,
I know sometimes it just doesn't go as planned,then the embarrassing severed finger in the souffle incident's, still a sharp knife is a cooks best friend!

Merry Xmas everybodies!

A

So far so yum! Brie with jamon iberico, exotic marshmallows- who knew?

I forgot to photo dinner, so here's some leftovers- gas grilled rock shrimp basted with
fresh lemon, garlic & oil, s&p, chopped parsley. There were leftovers only because of the roasted
chicken and taters/squash which followed.

Love the shrimps

Did a casual spread for family tonight for Xmas eve......

Smoked Turkey Breast
Honey Baked Ham from you know where...
Classic mashed potato's
Rosemary & Apple stuffing
Green Beans & Carrots with honey,brown sugar,ginger glaze,topped with bacon
Homemade Orange/Cinnamon cranberry sauce
Fresh herb gravy
Brother in-law brought Deviled eggs

not shown was desert of homemade Tapioca pudding, Jello & pumpkin pie

Merry Christmas everybody!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-25 03:14 ]

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2009-12-25 03:19 ]

Now I am making Danish Rice pudding (Ris ala mande) to take to my Family Xmas Dinner, in the morning, I will never get any sleep at this rate....

Dinner was Crockpot Chicken & Rice, tasty but not picture worthy.

But on Mt Hibachi in the Pupu Lagoon, Tropical S'mores were roasting on the Sterno flame... Kraft Jet-Puffed Toasted Coconut Marshmallows, Hershey's Milk Chocolate, and homemade Pineapple/Macadamia cookies

[ Edited by: MadDogMike 2009-12-30 20:03 ]

Glad you are still posting Mike, I have been down with that bug going around, I make what ever my wife asks for on New Years eve, I will post something later then.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies