Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

Sounds great MDM! hope you have a very nice Valentine's with the wife!
Same to you Amy!

I am cooking tonight & will post a bit later.......

A

Thanks, man! Hope everyone is enjoying lots of love and delicious things to eat.
We had killer leftovers tonite. And coffee mochi ice creams.
Went rum shopping today, btw
got some Flor de Cana (lt and dark, 4 yr- cheap!) for mixin, and Ron Zacapa for sippin.
:drink:

Updated now with Desert!

Valentine's day dinner

Classic Cheese Fondue.....

For Desert,
Danish Pancakes/Crepes with Raspberry & Applesauce filling

[ Edited by: 2010-02-14 22:33 ]

Bump: Voting starts in 1 Hour!

On 2010-02-07 18:08, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
:tiki: I think it is time for a contest of sorts, Everyone Vote for their favorite meal posted here! :tiki:

We will start the voting Tonight Feb. 14th at midnight til the following Sunday Feb. 21st midnight
I exclude myself from voting as I will tally the votes & all voting should be posted right here for all to see.

So just vote right here for your favorite meal posted in this thread, one vote per person please
Good luck to everyone who has taken the time out to post pictures of some great meals

Oh and Please keep posting your great meals through the week, they will not count towards this contest,but we all like to see them anyway!!!

Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-02-14 23:19 ]

A

Fondue always WINS.

Hey MDM- is that your Fresh Pork custom I saw in a mail from Squid?

I just looked at Squids email to, That is a MadDogMike original!!!!
Congrats Mike! your a bona-fide mug designer! now!

CJ

I tried to make fondue and the cheese wouldn't mix with the wine...girlfriend is unhappy and went into the other room. Good times!

A

Far out! Congrats, MDM!

I'm currently working on some tiki figures for customizing.
When I get them finished, maybe you guys'll hack on some!

CocoJoe to bad,to sad on the Fondue debacle, email me if you need a recipe!
as far as the lady troubles you are on your own, :P :P :P

Voting times now!!!!!!

It"s time for a Throwdown! with out Bobby Flay!!!!
It"s ThunderDome, but with food!
It's Dirty Harry with a spatula instead of a 45!

It's a Cooking Apocalipse without any real destruction!

Start your Voting now, Whhhhhhhaaaaattttt is your favorite MEAL!

That's some fine looking Cheese Fondue there ATP. But what I wanna know is did you make some Cheese Fondon't for those who don't like Cheese Fondue? :lol: I gotta go back and review the dishes to see what I'm gonna vote for.

Ya like my Frankenpig? :D Thanks. That was great fun but I can't imagine it's going to sell for $200! :lol:

A

Hard to decide on a dinner winner, but I think I'm slightly swayed by the torch centerpiece after all, so Ima vote for

"Canadian Winter Olympics Opening Ceremonies Dinner"

Ok, so I'm a sucker for team spirit. Sue me!

I went back and reviewed the whole thread - so much good food; Cuban Sandwiches, Outdoor Teppanyaki, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, etc.

But my vote is for the very first post - Chinese BBQ Pork with Pineapple Coconut Rice

Wow you guys are so magnanimous!

The voting is off to a slow start, which is weird because we are getting tons of views?
place your votes everybody!

MDM, nice job on the porker mug! looking forward to seeing future works!

Hey everyone if you TCers want us to keep posting join in on the thread
tell us your favorite meal posted here & maybe post your own meal pictures

No more Looky Loos & Rubber necks, join in,don't be shy!

Holy Moly...first time in this thread. I am ready to give up on Taco Bell and head on over to ATPs for dinner. Will post in a couple of weeks when I attempt to cook for some of the Sac Tiki Wahines...wish me luck. :wink:

Mucho Thanks! VampiressRN

A quick BBQ dinner for tonight's menu....

BBQ Italian Sausage w/ peppers,onions & Mushrooms on a baggette
Steak Tip Shish kabobs
a Romaine salad with homemade Garlic Bread croutons & dried cranberrys

Mmmmmm... Italian Sausage. Our fair comes to town next week, I'm looking forward to eating my fill of sausage and assorted other junk foods :)

So we needed (as in Moral imperative) desert
Here is one of my quick recipes...

Fresh made (I mean right out of the oil) Buttermilk Donuts w/Powdered sugar & Maple syrup

A

Quiche Lorraine fresh outta the oven. I know, it's 11:15. pm.
What the hey. All butter crust. Bacon, onions, Swiss cheese.

Hi Amy, Quiche = Food of the Gods!

Sherriyaki made these 5 spice (no, they're not burnt) scallops with bok choy, trumpet & beech mushrooms, and half a mini cauliflower on a (hidden) bed of rice.

A

Scallops score big around here. Looks fantastic!

Bacon wrapped scallops,is now sounding pretty good! To bad the quality of the seafood around here sucks
and around here is the So-Cal beach!

A

ATP: Try frozen ones. Can be a bargain in a big bag, and sometimes better quality than fresh ones from a crappy place.

Also- wanted to share a photo of my mushrooms in a box growing at an astounding rate: (quadrupled in size in 2 days)

Thanks Amy, very cool on growing your own mushrooms!!!!

Cool 'shrooms! Don't get any fresher than that! ATP, I'm ashamed to say that I'm not sure if I've ever had scallops. With my shrimp allergy I don't spend much time in seafood restaurants.

Tonight was Güerro Enchiladas (Güerro is a mildly derrogatory Spanish word for white people) Canned white chicken, PEPPER JACK CHEESE, sour cream and/or cream cheese, flour tortillas, and green enchilada sauce. Not at all traditional but quick and very tasty :)

MDM, shrimp allergy ! egads well there goes that idea for lunch! :oops: :wink: :wink:

:tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink: :tiki: :drink:

A

I cannot imagine a life without shellfish!

I made a 2nd quiche with rainbow chard, shitake mushrooms and PEPPERJACK.
Like the big fish that gets away, I have no actual photo.

I can eat mollusks (clams, oysters, scallops, mussels), just no crustaceans :(

OMG! I have developed an allergy to shell fish in the last couple of years, but love Shrimp, Scallops etc.
I think one of us is antimatter and if we should meet, the destruction of the Universe could result! or maybe not.

I sure miss clams in red sauce, damn!!!

Haven't made dinner in a while, but this morning the house was so cold, I made hot chocolate.

If I hadn't added the Ghirardelli's, it would have been vegan.

Needs more marshmallows and a larger mug, might I suggest a scorpion bowl, then you will be able to get that whole bag of marshmallows
into it,don't want them to go stale!

We do enjoy a cup of "au chocolat chaud" during these cold nights.

But we really enjoy a cup of good Chinese tea after a nice meal, preferably a jasmine variety like jasmine pearl
or jasmine fragrant tip, I am talking good quality tea from those high end Tea shops in Chinatown
not from a box or bag from the grocery store, big difference in taste, though costs a bit more.

Everytime we make a trip to San Francisco I stop in at the "Red Blossom Tea Co." in Chinatown to restock on good tea.

Sometimes we get fancy and make a pot of flowering tea, great for a more formal dinner.
Any other tea drinkers out there?

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-02-18 15:52 ]

Just for the hell of it this is post 500008

No work today so I made Lunch....

Pastrami on Rye

A

Where do you work ? That sammy looks awesome.

I chopped down some of those mushrooms they were getting real big and crowding out some of the ones on the side...
sauteed them with thyme, butter, garlic and a touch of white vermouth. Added rainbow chard and some TJoe's eggplant.
Dessert- coffee mochi ice creams

A

And, yes, much tea nerdery going on over here!
We are big fans of Pu'er - musty and funky
(smells and tastes like our NJ childhoods playing in the woods)
Also drinking oolongs and chrysanthemum these days. Some days coffee,
but switching it up more and more.

Visit Teance in Berkeley next time you are in these parts! We learned a lot
sampling teas there. Went to a kaiseki dinner pairing food with teas. They are
on a mission to educate restaurants about serving tea.
http://www.teance.com/

Here's the set up that lives on the dining table:

We normally buy a bing (flat cake) but they were out, so we got a brick

Zojirushi keeps water at perfect brewing temp

Go to Tazo

I'm sure the tea is crappy but the "Consult the Tea Leaves" is fun and the "Wheel o Tea" makes cool sounds :)

TT

Tonight we had Mexican fish (Mahi Mahi) soup.

That is GREAT! Amy! real Tea connoisseurs.
Since we do not have one good deli around here, I have to make my own sandwiches,Amy,I get some good coldcuts from say Bristal Farms and just make them the way I like them.
I do want to make my own Pastrami sometime, I have a smoker. (insert joke here)

I did make dinner tonight, but have posted the same dish before, so I will just post again,since this is a better picture.

More Spaghetti & Meatballs....

Looks very tasty TongaTom! thanks for joining in.

Pot Pie

C
Cammo posted on Fri, Feb 19, 2010 8:44 AM

Blueberry and Apple Pie, served steaming hot!

Big blueberries (from Trader Joe's) and Ambrosia, Braeburn, and Granny Smith apples.

I WANT PIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there any left? I can be there in 2 hours!

C

After everybody got "their cut" there's NO PIE LEFT!!!!

I bribed my friend Greg with the last (huge) piece to lend me his PA system for a week. He's having it tonight while watching the Olympics.

The crunchy apples soak up the blueberry juice and turn into appleberries. It's exactly as good as it sounds, bro.

A

Cammo- I really like how you folded the crust over the edge like that.

The crunchy apples soak up the blueberry juice and turn into appleberries

"The snozzberries taste like snozzberries"

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies