Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

Heart Attack in a Bowl; Chili with Fritos, PEPPERJACK CHEESE cubes, and a dallop of Daisy sour cream. Presumptiously garnished with Greek Oregano :D

W

Grilled chops, roasted asparagus, cheesy garlic rolls.

Chris

Welcome to the thread WestADad.

W

On 2010-05-04 22:44, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Welcome to the thread WestADad.

Thanks, glad to be here. I like to cook.

Chris

Chicken Pad Thai with Asparagus and Chai

W

Shredded chicken soft tacos.

Pad Thai looks good Mike!

Chris

Chicken stuffed with Artichoke Dip, Potatoes Au Gratin, and Steamed Veggies

W

Couple of days worth....

Angus steak with roasted new potatoes, baby button mushrooms, Vidalia onions.

Shrimp sate.

Chris

Looks great Chris. No cooking for me this week - 12 hour shifts all week :(

Sorry I have not had much chance to cook all week, been workin ton's
glad to see some of our newer chefs posting!

Sorry about your work load guys, I'd invite you over but that's a hell of a commute!

Thanks for the compliment Mike.

Chris

Thanks for the invite Chris, I'll swing by and pick up ATP - we should be there by Thursday :lol:

RoadTrip with Pepperjack!

TT

I actually "made" this one myself.
Vegan Griller, "facon", sharp cheddar, avocado, grilled onion, tomato (w/ kosher salt & pepper), lettuce, Gulden's & mayo on multi-grain bread (toasted).

So Tom, How are you and Sheri feeling today?

TT

On 2010-05-11 19:11, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
So Tom, How are you and Sheri feeling today?

Thank you for asking, ATP. I'm fine, back to work as usual...A little more tired than normal though. Sherri slept at a funny angle, thus having a stiff neck...but other than that, she's fine. I've had the same amount to drink on other occasions, and been ruined the next day, so I guess the stars were properly aligned last night.

:lol: :lol: :lol: You young whippersnappers! just soaking it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to me you two last night, sorry I was a bit tired, when we talked.

On 2010-05-11 22:20, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: You young whippersnappers! just soaking it up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice to me you two last night, sorry I was a bit tired, when we talked.

Young!?! I (we) appreciate that remark!
It was good to meet you two too, hopefully you'll be more "awake" next time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I was already to make Sliders with Pepperjack, grilled onions & Chipotle catsup on mini hawaiian buns
and seasoned frys, then Nancy calls me to say she is picking up food on the way home from work!
so I guess I will post that meal another night, only problem is I got Sliders on the brain now!

So sorry to tease you all, I guess we are having takeout.

I was off today so here's dinner; Curried Chicken Salad with Mango,Pistacios, and Avocado on a Croissant served with Lentil Soup. Dessert was Tropical Fruit Salad with Yogurt in a Phyllo Cup.

(the furry feline wanted to help)

W

On 2010-05-12 19:20, MadDogMike wrote:
I was off today so here's dinner; Curried Chicken Salad with Mango,Pistacios, and Avocado on a Croissant served with Lentil Soup. Dessert was Tropical Fruit Salad with Yogurt in a Phyllo Cup.

(the furry feline wanted to help)

Mmm, loves me some dahl soup. Nice one Mike!

http://dairyfreecooking.about.com/od/soupschilistews/r/lentildahl.htm

Chris

Tonight we had teriyaki Albacore and mashed potatoes with steamed broccoli & carrots. Tonga Tom had a Primo and I had a Hansen's grapefruit soda while we watched Nurse Jackie.

Looks good, Sherriyaki!

W

Smoked pork loin (carribean jerk), steamed broccoli. The tri-color sweet corn was not my idea but it was tasty with the pork.

The missus drank a Polynesian Spell (Beachbum Berry Remixed pg. 82). I had a Dark Magic by Craig (Melintur). It was delicious and I had to stop myself at one.

Chris

HEY!!! Sherriyaki dedicated her first post to the What's for Dinner thread and I didn't realize it. The Albacore looks good, sweet and glazed. I have to admit I'm a fan of Hansen's sodas :)

Chris, I love Pork Loin and I love Jerk (not the Steve Martin movie!) Looks great.

The Show: Breaking Bad
Damn is this show good!

Made some homemade Donuts earlier today...

I know I have posted a few pics of my Pasta dishes, this looks the same as some of the others but it is not....
Spaghetti Pomodoro with BBQ Italian Sausages & Shaved Parmesan...

Breaking Bad, yes! Hmmm, what's really on those homemade Donuts? :D
Seriously though, they look yummy!

Just powder sugar & maple syrup,served best hot Tom, glad to see Sherri is posting to.

CJ

mother's milk

Bacon Salt RULES!!! :D

I like BBQ sauce with my Macaroni & Cheese!

By the way, the Bacon Salt label says it is "low sodium" Huh?

Cayenne Pepper with Mac & Cheese...yum

I love the big pearl couscous but I live in a "pearl couscous dry county" so I picked some up at Trader Joe's while in the big city. Here's how the conversation went:

Me: What's that really fine pasta product called?
Joe: Couscous?
Me: Bless you. It's really small, like grains of sand.
Joe: Couscous
Me: Bless you again. It's a Mediterannean thing, often served with pine nuts.
Joe: It's called couscous, it's over on aisle 7
Me: Oh, thanks :lol:

Tonight, I made sesame apricot jumbo shrimp with brown rice, and a side of edamame.
We watched Jeopardy.

SHRIMPS! looking good Sheri, I could go for some shrimp right now!

Jumbo shrimp - I thought that was an oxymoron? It looks delicious, I wish I wasn't allergic!!!

Mrs MadDog made "Gringo Enchiladas" - shredded chicken, PEPPERJACK CHEESE, cream cheese, in a flour tortilla and smothered in green enchilada sauce.

I finally went back to the classic weber charcoal grill (I used to use gas) - I made these babyback ribs last night... came out pretty good!

Nice smoke ring! I want my babyback,babyback,babyback ribs!
Can you tell I have not had dinner yet?

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2010-05-25 21:00 ]

no pics,sorry.
but I just made 2 Hawaiian smores for a snack.
had a late lunch today, so no dinner.

I used these

instead of regular marmallows, hence the Hawaiian part.
:wink:
pretty tasty I might add.

Jeff(btd)

Hey Jeff! glad to see you here!

hey Lance,

I figure most people don't want to see pics of microwaved frozen food.
:(

but I do look at what everyone is cooking.
I'm drooling for those ribs on the last page.

Jeff(btd)

W

On 2010-05-25 20:45, Trad'r Bill wrote:
I finally went back to the classic weber charcoal grill (I used to use gas) - I made these babyback ribs last night... came out pretty good!

Hell yeah, now you're talking my language!

Nice!

Chris

A

Everything looks amazing! Just caught up on what I've been missing...love the ribs and potatoes gratinatord.
And a Chinese take out carton always makes me kinda swoon.

Anyhow- been working a lot and vacationing locally...slacking on my food fotos.

I love a roasted chicken! Can't help it. On Monday, I roasted a 4 pounder with
fresh ginger chunks and sliced oyster mushrooms. and a salt rub with thyme in it. Made a chicken
stock with the bones, and a batch each of lentils and quinoa to dish out lunches this week.

Yesterday I made soup with chicken, Chinese broccoli, fresh egg noodles, and roasted mushrooms.

Today had chicken with lentils, quinoa and sauteed pea sprouts.
Notice a trend? Trying to eat more greens.

That's Pretty Amy!

Very nice Amy, welcome back. ATP, Amy's soup with the chopsticks reminded me - I had a chance to have Pho at the mall the other day (probably not too authentic) but I passed it up. I will NOT pay 8 bucks for a bowl of SOUP I don't care how good it is! :lol: So I had the Shawarma instead.

MDM,
Wow 8 smackers for a bowl of Pho? our best place here is around 5$ a bowl,A bowl is a whole meal to.

Meatball Subs with Provolone Cheese and Sauted Peppers & Onions

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies