Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

What's "Cooking" in Tiki Central?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3,027 replies

Made some homemade "Reuben Sandwiches tonight...

Cooked a Corn beef roast for 3 1/2 hours in a broth of veggies & spices
sliced it up & into a pan with Rye bread, Swiss cheese & sauerkraut.

Made a side of Hot Potato salad to go with it.

ATP, welcome back to your thread!!!

Thanks Mike! :) :) and a :drink:

W

Oh man, I love Reuben's! What's that stuff in the "Bob" jar?

Mike, my kid would scarf them burgers without a doubt (I would too :))!

Damn tasty looking vittles round these parts.

Russian Dressing Dad! For Jungle Ginger's sammie, I likes me some deli mustard on mine.

W

On 2012-03-27 15:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Russian Dressing Dad! For Jungle Ginger's sammie, I likes me some deli mustard on mine.

Ah yes, we use the dressing on ours, have to try one with mustard next time.

I made a big pot of campanelle with kale, sweet italian sausage and cannellini beans for chow here today.

Sorry about the blur, the dog was attacking my shoe.

C
Cammo posted on Tue, Mar 27, 2012 5:48 PM

Anybody care that this thread isn't in Tiki Drinks and Food?

I don't.

On 2012-03-27 17:48, Cammo wrote:
Anybody care that this thread isn't in Tiki Drinks and Food?

I don't.

Does that mean that you don't like it or do like it?
And it doesn't matter where it is?

Tonight's Episode of "Cooking with Attitude"

"Chicken Parmesan" for Hire!

Chapter One: The Olive Oil Affair

In a pan heat some good quality Olive oil, crushed red pepper, Oregano, Basil, Fresh garlic & a couple of bay leaves
heat til the garlic is soft, Do not brown, This is the base for my "Italian Arrabiata Sauce" (Spicy Red Sauce)

Add two large cans of crushed tomatoes, Sea salt to taste, 1 table spoon sugar, splash of sweet vermouth
stir & cover, cook over low heat for 1 hour.

Take boneless chicken breast, Slice sideways so you have two thin pieces
Get out your "Meat Hammer" (Insert sex joke here) place chicken between two pieces of saran wrap
and pound away (Insert another sex joke here) til you have quarter inch thick breasts (Yes I know!)
remove from wrap season with sea salt & fresh pepper & set aside for now.

Chapter two: It's my Bread & Butter, Now Die!

Slice a loaf of "Italian Bread" not French Bread, Italian or your "Gabagool" in my meat locker, Yo!
Spread with butter, top with garlic salt, Oregano, Paprika & Parmesan cheese.

Set up the dredge station for the chicken, A plate of Flour, Egg wash & Bread crumbs (I use panko bread crumbs,eeewwww Fancy!)
in that order, Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chapter three: Into the Pan or into the Fire!

Dredge the chicken in flour, Then the egg wash & last into the breadcrumbs, Place in a hot pan of oil (I use Canola oil)
cook until light golden brown on each side, we will finish in the oven, Place cooked chicken on a greased cooking pan, place in preheated oven
for 12 minutes along with the garlic bread.

Get that Spaghetti in some boiling water and if it's not "al dente" there will be trouble!

Slice up some Fresh Mozzarella & Italian Parsley

Hey the Spaghetti & Sauce are done, better hide the booze.

Epilogue: A Meal to Kill for!

Slice up the cooked garlic bread & Top the chicken with some sauce & the mozzarella, Place back in the oven to melt the cheese.

Put some Spaghetti, sauce & chicken on a plate, Top with some grated Parmesan & chopped parsley
now enjoy the show.

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-03-28 00:35 ]

A feast for the eyes as I'm sure it was for the mouth!

H
Heath posted on Wed, Mar 28, 2012 7:53 AM

Looks good ATP...

Thanks you guys and yes Mike, It was a "Mouth Feast" :lol:

Serving up my gourmet "Smoked Bacon Meatloaf" tonight
You heard right, Bacon Bitches, I said "Smoked Bacon Meatloaf" ,Did he just throw a couple strips of bacon
on top & call it "Smoked Bacon Meatloaf" you ask?

No Sir! I had my butcher grind 1/3 pound of smoked bacon, 1/4 pound of savory sausage (That's breakfast sausage you knuckle heads)
and 1 & 1/2 pounds of ground chuck into one big meat orgasm!

I can see your having a Heart Attack so I will just get to the juicy bits ASAP!

Out of the oven....

Going to need some sides with that, How about "Brown Sugar & Balsamic Glazed Green Beans & Carrots"
And some good old fashioned "Mashed Potatoes" drizzled with clarified butter!

Dinner is served.....

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-03-30 00:38 ]

this needs to be posted again

ATP, that bacon meatloaf looks pretty good but I have a rule about meatloaf ~ "Your wife's, yes. Your mother-in-law's, maybe. But never eat strange meatloaf!"

Here's my 2 1/2 year old Goober "helping" me in the kitchen yesterday

Good thing his mother wasn't around :D

That little boy's Poppi is his freakin' HERO!! :D

Bear

Cookie Dough Burrito!

TT

Today's breakfast!
Papaya, granola, and vanilla yogurt with lime wedges.

a breakfast without pork isn't really breakfast.
sorry Tom.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

It's to bad that all the good, Healthy food Tom & Sherriyaki eat
gets destroyed by all the cocktails they imbibe. :lol:

well as least they are thin, and look healthy,
but their livers probably hate them.
:wink:

Jeff(btd)

TT

On 2012-04-05 00:13, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
It's to bad that all the good, Healthy food Tom & Sherriyaki eat
gets destroyed by all the cocktails they imbibe. :lol:

It's a fine balance, the yin and yang if you will. :)

I guess everyone has been too busy getting their taxes ready to post anything lately. :wink:
Today's "taxing" breakfast...
Two scrambled eggs piled with sautéed onions and mushrooms, then deglazed with sweet Marsala, spinach, two sausages (fake) pan fried in butter and olive oil so they got nice and crispy, Jarlsberg and Parmesan cheeses, and red pepper flake.
Yeah, meat eaters might even like this crap, I sure did. :)

Here you go Tom....

"Omelette du Fromage et Jambon"
A classic French dish with Mushrooms,Onions & Herbs, Roasted Red Potatos on the side.

Bon Appetit!

I'd eat either of those!

TT

Looks great ATP.
I'd eat the non-ham version for sure!

Happy Birthday Tonga Tom!

TT

Thanks ATP!

Z

On 2012-03-19 16:13, RevBambooBen wrote:

Is there a way to make chicken taste like steak???

Yes. Wrap it in steak.

Well I make this dish frequently, So I will just take you Polypopsters threw the steps

BBQ Char Siu Pork Loins with Ginger Garlic Fried Rice, Sesame Chicken Salad & Pan Fried Chicken Pot-stickers
with Soy Ginger dipping sauce.......Scratch made!

Fry up those Won Ton Skins

Chop up those Carrots, Celery, Red Peppers, Cilantro, Green Onion, Romaine Lettuce & add some shredded Chicken
Sesame seeds, Mix with a Sesame dressing & top with fried Won tons.

Pan fry the Pot Stickers (Stuffed with ground chicken, ginger, Green onions & pinch of sea salt & fresh pepper)
I pre-made the Ginger & Soy dipping sauce.

Pork Loin marinated for 24 hours in Char Siu sauce, Ginger, Garlic, Soy & Sesame oil
goes into a 350 degree oven for 35 minutes

A quick Garlic & Ginger Fried Rice

Dinner is served.........

[ Edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2012-05-03 01:57 ]

Ohhhh, that looks good!!!

BACON TIME!
APPLE WOOD SMOKED BACON TIME!

"BLTA" Time, Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato & Avocado
The Avocado makes it totally healthy!........Well it does!

DROOL

TT

On 2012-05-03 01:54, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Well I make this dish frequently, So I will just take you Polypopsters threw the steps

Great looking food my friend!

TT

I know it's been a while, but here's a few things of late that we ate.

Beet salad with asparagus, walnuts, and chèvre.

Mahi Mahi with butternut squash, quinoa, and fingerling potatoes.

Side salad with the dish above

[ Edited by: Tonga Tom 2012-05-12 11:17 ]

WAITAMINNUTT!!! Don't we get to know what it was?

On 2012-05-12 09:59, MadDogMike wrote:
WAITAMINNUTT!!! Don't we get to know what it was?

Descriptions have been added.

That's better :D

My cousin Chris made us these pizzas a few weeks ago, we had the slices with no meat. :)

Sorry, the photo is a little rough, but here's some poached eggs on top of some asparagus and potatoes with smokey gouda sauce.

That's some swell eats Tom!

I needed to make a dessert to go with Carne Asada dinner and wanted to evoke some of the classic flavors of Mexican desserts; buñuelos, cinnamon, coffee, chocolate & CHILE!

I took a new (clean) 2 1/2 inch diameter exhaust pipe connector and wrapped some foil over it. In retrospect, I guess I could have used an empty soup can opened on one end :D

I started with 7 inch flour tortillas and trimmed them down to about 5 1/2 or 6 inches, one at a time I dipped them BRIEFLY in hot oil to make them pliable, draped them over the form, and tied them with twine.

Using tongs, I immersed the tortilla and form into the hot oil until golden brown

The fried tortilla shells were drizzled with chile infused dark chocolate. The buñuelo bar was set up with vanilla ice cream, chocolate ice cream, Kahlua, cinnamon syrup, and whipped cream

And the finished dessert was dusted with a little ground cinnamon to make it all purty

Muy excelente, Señor Mike!!!!

Mike why don't you have your own show on HGTV already??

That looks tasty!

Hey Mike, What a super idea! I'm always looking for ways to impress my grandchildren. This is gonna work good!
I'm also gonna try the "soupcan"" technique with corn tortillas. I will then fill the "cups" with the ingredients used when making tostadas and additionally I will top em with "Soyrizo". Just as tasty as chorizo-but you sleep better.Cheers
David

TT

I know it's been over a week, but here's Mother's Day meal by Sherriyaki...

Smokey salmon quiche with potatoes and salad

Lemon Rosemary cake for desert.

TT

Here's some Mahi-Mahi with black beans and other yummy goods we had a couple nights ago. It was kinda like a fish burrito without the tortilla.

No photos for ya, but a nice salad of grilled chicken, couscous, romaine lettuce, raisins, walnuts, corn, bellpepper, cabbage, parmesano cheese and a green goddess style dressing and garlic . . . lots of garlic! And a drinking a simply delightful Vouvray to boot!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 3027 replies