Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Official Introductions Thread. New Members, Post your introduction here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 4,278 replies

are there any tikiphiles in dfw,texas?

yo right here diesel.

actually Ellis county.

Welcome Aboard!

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-12-18 11:05 ]

aloha,
good to see a fellow tikiphile in texas!

my wife thinks i'm insane,but i plan to transform my backyard into a tropical tiki garden. any ideas on exotic or tropical plants that thrive in zone 8? willing to trade plants for plants.

introducing myself a little late.

my name is frank and I am addicted to tiki.

I don't remember how I became an addict, it started a little at a time. It went full-blown after my first visit to vic's in emeryville.

Now we went and bought a house that I can turn into a tropical paradise, an eichler. luckily my wife loves this stuff too

in the time I don't spend trolling for tiki, I am a writer at a high-tech company in San Jose.

ciao

edit
diesel-tiki, if you happen to find good resources for tropical plants, please share...
end edit

[ Edited by: tiki-oski on 2003-12-19 17:07 ]

my wife thinks i'm insane,but i plan to transform my backyard into a tropical tiki garden. any ideas on exotic or tropical plants that thrive in zone 8? willing to trade plants for plants.

i'd get a new wife :) just kidding.
Actually I'm looking into doing my backyard too. I've been checking into the plants we can grow here and not worry about freeze or drought. I know bananna plants are good, but they have to be cut down after the first freeze. ferns, caladiums (sp), and elephant ears are great plats. I also have a collection of cacti and century plants my wife got from her ranch in west texas. I'll keep you informerd on what I find. I hate to plug my site here, but if you go there and click on the lounge section, you'll see some back yard projects I have going on. Oh, BTW the camper is a no go, just haven't had time to take it off the site... too busy scouring TC!
So any luck on finding mugs and such? There is a section in Collecting tiki where you can post that. There is also a thread in TikiEvents called Dallas Tikiphiles. check it out as well.
:)

Aloha All!

I'm Paul and I own Pariarts.com - we make tiki signs and other art.

My partner Richard and I used to have a tropical paradise that was the hit of the L.A. party scene, especially with Disney folks.

We moved to Sacramento last year and have a new home we call Martiniland. We have a big workshop and we run http://www.pariarts.com from here.

We love tiki stuff and we're in progress with a tiki backyard - it's an evolving project!

Cheers

Aloha All!

I'm Paul and I own Pariarts.com - we make tiki signs and other art.

My partner Richard and I used to have a tropical paradise that was the hit of the L.A. party scene, especially with Disney folks.

We moved to Sacramento last year and have a new home we call Martiniland. We have a big workshop and we run http://www.pariarts.com from here.

We love tiki stuff and we're in progress with a tiki backyard - it's an evolving project!

Cheers

Welcome Paul. Nice stuff.
I'll have to come see you sometime. I sold a tiki to a cop up there in Sac a couple months ago. Maybe we could do a trade after February when I replenish my stock. Cool signs. I like stuff that's different, particularly the alligators.

Welcome Paul,

I've been drooling over your websites' offerings for months. Once our basement bar & outdoor deck are finished, we'll be calling you for the final touch. Glad to see you're on TC.

-Z

Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.